SCALE - (AGM-84) Harpoon Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
TLP AGM-84A HARPOON.

Paul

php5AeZYQPM.jpg

phpcB39CFPM.jpg

Attachments

• php7M960HAM.jpg
    php7M960HAM.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 173
  • php9OsXvNAM.jpg
    php9OsXvNAM.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 246
  • phpNH1Gz1AM.jpg
    phpNH1Gz1AM.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, do you consider 1:1 scale? :)

weight: 200 lbs
height: ~16 ft
Circumference: 37 in

img_84764.jpg

Many thanks to Their & Stickershock.

img_84764.jpg

That thing is absolutely beautiful,,, wow,, just WOW! Soooooo when you gonna fly it? On three 76s, or did you do a different mount?

Tom

Oh,, I warned you about recovery:y:,,, and you ADDED weight?:eyepop: You a CRAZY man;)

Hoping to fly it this week at thunderstruck going up on 3 76mm - had to up the Ns equivalent of an "O" :>

Yes, I reworked the recovery a bit - trying to make it less likely the nosecone will come of before I want it to.

Hoping to fly it this week at thunderstruck going up on 3 76mm - had to up the Ns equivalent of an "O" :>

Yes, I reworked the recovery a bit - trying to make it less likely the nosecone will come of before I want it to.

One suggestion,,, don't wire the charges up to the wrong channel,,, that will deploy the wrong chute EVERY time

Positively tiny next to that behemoth! :y: ^

This is the Quest SLAM AGM-84 Harpoon kit. It is based on a 40mm body tube, measuring a little under two feet tall (520mm/20.5"), with a single 12" parachute for recovery.

Maiden flight last night on a B6-4 was straight up and uneventful on the way down.

Quest-Harpoon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yea,, forgot to tell you Alex,,, I saw your motors sitting in Tims trailer at RG12.:surprised:

Awesome Details Alex! When can I see it fly? Will you be at LDRS XXXI?

I had to have a Harpoon after I saw the one fly at Red Glare IX. This is my 6" AGM-84E SLAM.

AGM84-SLAM.jpg
RG XI 15.jpg

Flew the Harpoon at Midwest Power X yesterday.

Great flight, and it landed right next to the road.

Here's a quick video

[video=youtube;B2EVZUWm5rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2EVZUWm5rg[/video]

TLP AGM-84A HARPOON.

Paul
Wow! Are all of the details decals? That would be a lot of vinyl.

img_84764.jpg

That's just incredible. :drool:
But, full-size missiles are so much more fun if you carry them fully assembled on top of your car. :wink: :grin:

Welcome to the SCALE (AGM-84) Harpoon Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (AGM-84) Harpoon Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Quest: Harpoon AGM: #3008
TLP: Harpoon AGM-84A: K012

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The Harpoon is an all-weather, over-the-horizon, anti-ship missile system, developed and manufactured by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing Defense, Space & Security). In 2004, Boeing delivered the 7,000th Harpoon unit since the weapon's introduction in 1977. The missile system has also been further developed into a land-strike weapon, the Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM).

The regular Harpoon uses active radar homing, and a low-level, sea-skimming cruise trajectory to improve survivability and lethality. The missile's launch platforms include:

Fixed-wing aircraft (the AGM-84, without the solid-fuel rocket booster)
Surface ships (the RGM-84, fitted with a solid-fuel rocket booster that detaches when expended, to allow the missile's main turbojet to maintain flight)
Submarines (the UGM-84, fitted with a solid-fuel rocket booster and encapsulated in a container to enable submerged launch through a torpedo tube);
Coastal defense batteries, from which it would be fired with a solid-fuel rocket booster.

Last edited:
Quest Harpoon AGM (#3008) Basic Information.

quest.gif
Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Harpoon AGM Also known as:

NUMBER: #3008

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 20.5in / 52.1cm
Diameter: 1.58in / 40mm
Span:
Weight: 12.00OZ

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2010 Catalog

=====

The Quest Harpoon model rocket kit is accurately detailed to match the US Navy and Air Force SLAM AGM-84 Harpoon anti-ship missile. The Harpoon model rocket can reach an altitude of 800 feet. (2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad
quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad
quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

quest-harpoon%20agm%203008-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads
Quest Harpoon

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
TLP Harpoon AGM-84A(K012) Basic Information.

launchpad.gif
The Launch Pad (TLP)

MODEL NAME: Harpoon AGM-84A Also known as:

NUMBER: K012

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 29.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: HARPOON AGM-84A AIR-LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP MISSILE (USA)

Here's a kit that has been one of our most popular models since 1996! This is the air launched version of the Harpoon, used by the U.S. Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. Although the surface-launched and submarine launched versions (both with booster stages) have been widely exported, no foreign sales have been announced for the AGM-84A. It is a sea-skimmer, coming in low to avoid radar detection, and at the last moment performs a sudden pop-up and dive onto the target ship. This final maneuver is intended to defeat automatic rapid-fire defense systems. Range is approximately 58 miles, powered by a small Teledyne turbojet engine. Length of the actual missile is 12ft., 7in., and it weighs 1,160 lbs. at launch. Five hundred lbs. of this weight is the high explosive warhead.

Just take a look at the illustration at left to see the fine detailing possible with your Launch Pad Harpoon AGM-84A kit! This rocket stands almost 30 inches tall, and is now powered by your choice of either a "D", "E", or "F" 24mm motor. As with all of our kits, it may be launched from any standard launcher equipped with a 3/16" diameter launch rod. This kit is a great introduction to Mid-Power rocketry! Try it! (TLP 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

tlp-harpoon%20agm84a%20k012-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

tlp-harpoon%20agm84a%20k012-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone would come back out with a 5.5" diameter kit like the one that was sold by Hanger 11 company. I wonder who made the nose one for them?

Last edited:
So who would be the company that could come out with a 5.5 inch or 6 inch fiberglas Harpoon kit to fill the void?
PML did a 11.4" batch for a movie years ago and they still sell the nosecone for it.

Back