Saw this rocketry related job opportunity ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I'd have to quit my real job from 6/20 to 8/12 in order to get hotel accommodations, mileage reimbursement, and a food stipend. Now, if I were retired....

**waves northward from Duluth**

Do you attend the SoAR launches?

Not as often as I'd like. I've been to some in Alpharetta and several of them at the dragstrip (I wish they had more there), but haven't made it to Lilly yet. I might try and get to that one this month depending on how the schedule works out.

You?

Not as often as I'd like. I've been to some in Alpharetta and several of them at the dragstrip (I wish they had more there), but haven't made it to Lilly yet. I might try and get to that one this month depending on how the schedule works out.

You?

I'm at most of the launches , whether at Alpharetta, Lilly, Dawsonville, etc.. My attendance tends to wane a bit in the heat of the summer, though. I don't deal with heat very well at all. I also try to get to at least one PMW launch in the fall.

As to the dragway, I made most of those launches as well, but those appear to be a thing of the past. The corporate owners apparently weren't thrilled with the local management letting us launch there so that "field" is not available to us anymore. Honestly, though, I'm not that disappointed. So much of the recovery area there was asphalt parking lot and those landings are very hard on fins and paint.

I'm at most of the launches , whether at Alpharetta, Lilly, Dawsonville, etc.. My attendance tends to wane a bit in the heat of the summer, though. I don't deal with heat very well at all. I also try to get to at least one PMW launch in the fall.

As to the dragway, I made most of those launches as well, but those appear to be a thing of the past. The corporate owners apparently weren't thrilled with the local management letting us launch there so that "field" is not available to us anymore. Honestly, though, I'm not that disappointed. So much of the recovery area there was asphalt parking lot and those landings are very hard on fins and paint.

That's a shame. The first couple of launches at the dragstrip were held higher up in the very large grass field, I was surprised when they were moved down to the asphalt for the reasons you mentioned.

Other than Lilly, which is way too far to drive on a regular basis for me, there's nowhere to launch larger E motors. I have a lot that I can launch at the school field in Alpharetta on Cs and Ds, but recently I've built a few larger ones that may get flown once or twice this month at Lilly if I go and then sit for a year or more.

I'll try and remember to touch base with you here if I do make plans for Lilly and we can meet and shake hands.

That's a shame. The first couple of launches at the dragstrip were held higher up in the very large grass field, I was surprised when they were moved down to the asphalt for the reasons you mentioned.

Other than Lilly, which is way too far to drive on a regular basis for me, there's nowhere to launch larger E motors. I have a lot that I can launch at the school field in Alpharetta on Cs and Ds, but recently I've built a few larger ones that may get flown once or twice this month at Lilly if I go and then sit for a year or more.

I'll try and remember to touch base with you here if I do make plans for Lilly and we can meet and shake hands.

Sounds great! Btw, we'll be launching at the Dawsonville field on July 23rd. That's a great field for mid-power up through G motors. It's quite hilly, but it's got plenty of room to contain the higher flying rockets.

I'm heading to Lawrenceville, l went to school there. Not sure about getting the job but I'm sure I could help. Not sure what will happen when I carry in a 1/2 scale Patriot.

I'm heading to Lawrenceville, l went to school there. Not sure about getting the job but I'm sure I could help. Not sure what will happen when I carry in a 1/2 scale Patriot.

They would take one look at it and say, "Uhh...You're hired!"

Back