Saw one of the US Presidential planes low over our farm burg this afternoon.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modeltrains

Reaction score
Saw one of the US Presidential planes low over our farm burg this afternoon.
Got a couple photos with a little pocket camera.
My defective body was/is being a troublemaker and I was pretty bummed out today but catching this as a grab shot with a little pocket camera was a bright spot! :D
One of the crew over at Aircraft Resource Center forum was able to ID the type, I'm clueless about modern military transports,
https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104518/c-32/
The C-32 provides safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for U.S. leaders to locations around the world. The primary customers are the vice president, using the distinctive call sign "Air Force Two," the first lady, and members of the Cabinet and Congress.

Features
The C-32 is a specially configured version of the Boeing 757-200 commercial intercontinental airliner. The C-32 body is identical to that of the Boeing 757-200, but has different interior furnishings and 21st century avionics. The passenger cabin is divided into four sections:

50482953628_7a1c5b6a6f_o.jpg

Cool, I don't think I've seen that one before.

When Trump visits Bedminster and comes on AF1, they land at a small local airport (Morristown NJ) that's right near me, so we've seen it parked there a few times. How they land that thing in that tiny airport is anyone's guess.

My old job was right under the flight path for Boeing Field, which takes all of the weird stuff landing in the Seattle area. The Blue Angels are popular, to this point I remember looking up and wondering why that 747 had all of those funny bumps on the bottom. Turns out it was AF1. 😀

I haven't seen AF1 flying in person, but if you ever get to the Air Force museum at Wright Patterson they have a hangar full of former presidential aircraft you can see and walk through.

We did have a flyby from one of the helicopters that could be designated Marine 1 when the USSS was pre-planning at work ahead of a campaign rally a few years ago.

Back