Saving A Copy of Private Messages You've Sent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Some folks want to save a copy of the PMs they send, some don't care. If you want to enable this feature, first, understand that sent items count against your PM limits when you do this.

Now, to turn it on... First, go to the upper-right corner of your browser window, and click on "Settings". You'll see your Inbox, along with a bunch of options down the left side. Scroll down and find "General Settings" under the "My Account" heading. Click on that.

Now, go not quite halfway down the page and find the "Private Messaging" heading. At the bottom of that section is an option for Sent Private Messages, and whether or not to save a copy in your Sent Items folder.

Flip that to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default", then click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom, and from that point forward, when you send a PM, a copy will be saved in your sent items.

-Kevin

Thanx Kev- wondered how that was done. If I select 'save to folder' does that also count in your PM limit? Never done it, but periodically, my box blows up and I have to decide what to toss.

At the bottom of the PM page is a way to grab your PMs to be saved on your local computer. You can then delete stuff from the server.

Thanx Kev- wondered how that was done. If I select 'save to folder' does that also count in your PM limit? Never done it, but periodically, my box blows up and I have to decide what to toss.

Yep. Every PM you save counts against your limit.

The sent messages is what bites me -- I forgot to clean it out!

-Kevin

Yep. Every PM you save counts against your limit.

The sent messages is what bites me -- I forgot to clean it out!

-Kevin

Yes, that's what gets me... thanks! It gets a bit annoying having to remember to go down to the options box under the message box before sending a PM and unchecking "save a copy to your sent message folder".

If you do this thing you just described above, do you have the option to save a copy if you so choose, does it just turn off the automatic checking of this box, so if you WANT to save that message you're sending, you just go down and check that box manually to save it, or what??

Later! OL JR :)

Latest posts

Back