Saucer Drag Racing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMRR

Reaction score
Had some fun yesterday afternoon with my son in our front yard and grapped a few nice photos of some drag racing:

1st one: Model Minutes Flying Spider (C6-3) vs. FlisKits Pheord (B6-0)

Pheord much faster off the pad, but needs a Hemi!

This set is the Estes Snitch (C6-0) verses the Quest Area 51 Saucer (C6-0).

Area 51 is off faster, but eventually the Snitch passes and flies higher

Last Saucer Drag race was the Art Applewhite 18mm Delta Saucer (B6-0) vs. Art Applewhite 18mm Saucer (B6-0).

Surprisingly to me, the Delta was faster off the pad, but the Smiley Saucer went higher.

Wow! the rocket photos are great, but that whole background scene is really wonderful. Great camera work, and the good lord did a spectacular job on the weather and scene for you also!

Originally posted by Micromister
Wow! the rocket photos are great, but that whole background scene is really wonderful. Great camera work, and the good lord did a spectacular job on the weather and scene for you also!

Well, welcome to Vermont. We don't get to fly too often due to weather, but when we have a nice day.....

Regards,
Nick

great pix! I have admired that spider for quite some time. I will have to look into building one, even if just for the experience :)

This is certainly a unique thread. I suppose in the world of rocketry spools and saucers are a minority. I was certainly entertained by this thread and those great photos!

Eugene,

You coulda just said, "Cool Pix, Nick! Great Job!," like me, OR, you could put in all that and say essentially the same thing! :p

j/k j/k

Cool pix, Nick! Great Job!

Jason

I wish our club system could drag race. I just scored a pile of cheap D12-0s and want to fly my AAW 7.5", 9", Delta, Cone, and Qubit, along with a CHAD Snitch at the next launch. Maybe I need a looooong clipwhip?

Originally posted by rstaff3
I wish our club system could drag race. I just scored a pile of cheap D12-0s and want to fly my AAW 7.5", 9", Delta, Cone, and Qubit, along with a CHAD Snitch at the next launch. Maybe I need a looooong clipwhip?

I didn't need a looooong one, but made one up from two old Estes E-Beam Controllers! Works great.

Nick

Back