Saturn v scratch built build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah sorry I built the rest and forgot about this, I will send build and painting updates

It was quite easy to build and I think if Estes wants to make a ‘Saturn v builders kit’ they should look at this thread LOL

Your Service Module is too long . . . Same for the S-IVB.

My long-time friend, Chuck Corway ( R.I.P.) created the most awesome set of Saturn V scale drawings that I have ever seen. Chuck believed, as do I, that scale data should be shared freely, not hoarded away. He asked me to carry on, which I do to honor him and his memory.

Enjoy his PDF file.

Dave F.

apollo-naa-diagram.jpg

Attachments

• New Saturn V Modeling Drawings.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 0
Your Service Module is too long . . . Same for the S-IVB.

My long-time friend, Chuck Corway ( R.I.P.) created the most awesome set of Saturn V scale drawings that I have ever seen. Chuck believed, as do I, that scale data should be shared freely, not hoarded away. He asked me to carry on, which I do to honor him and his memory.

Enjoy his PDF file.

Dave F.

View attachment 585140
Dave's a sucker for details.... :goodjob:

What a beautiful and incredibly detailed set of drawings Chuck Corway made! Thanks for sharing. I’m a big fan of scale model rocketry.
Chuck was all about sharing and making interest in Rocketry grow . . . I think he must be smiling today.

Excellent . . . Come "hang out" in the Scale forum . . . Lots of data there and more "upon request", if possible !

Dave F.

What a beautiful and incredibly detailed set of drawings Chuck Corway made! Thanks for sharing. I’m a big fan of scale model rocketry.
If you REALLY want to see those drawings "come to life" and the detail to "pop", do the following in Adobe Reader.

( 1 ) Select "View"
( 2 ) Select "Show / Hide"
( 3 ) Select "Rulers & Grids"
( 4 ) Select "Line Weights" and toggle them OFF ( uncheck them ).

"Zoom In" and ENJOY !

Dave F.

Chuck was all about sharing and making interest in Rocketry grow . . . I think he must be smiling today.

Excellent . . . Come "hang out" in the Scale forum . . . Lots of data there and more "upon request", if possible !

Dave F.
All of my scale build threads are in the scratch built forum but I scan the scale forum quite a bit.

True, but they are not kits. They are scratch builds. Various Titans, Ariane 5, Delta IV Heavy, Delta II, Atlas V 551 and just started GSLV Mk II F11. Finished models are posted in the Gallery forum
Exactly my point . . . REAL Scale Models are NOT "Kits" . . . They are scratch-built, with painstaking attention to detail, right down to the screws and rivets, in many cases !

Dave F.

AAA-2.jpgAAA-3.jpgDrawing 1.jpgDrawing 2 - BW.jpgDrawing 3.jpgDrawing 4.jpg

Back