Saturn V Scale data

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutch

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a scale package for Saturn V SA 506 (Apollo 11) that would be suitable for Sport Scale competition?
I know there is a CD available from NAR for $20 but was wondering if someone had some basic printed plans/photos kicking around that they no longer have a use for....

Sport Scale requires nothing more than a clear photo or illustration showing the outline and colors of the rocket No dimensions required for Sport Scale. You could use as little as a color printout of a NASA launch photo (Here's a link to one: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marsha...history-apollo-11-launches-july-16-1969a.html ). The drawing here shows the profile and the color scheme on opposite sides well enough to be a complete data packet for NAR competition. My posting here does not constitute permission for anyone to post this elsewhere on the internet, but you certainly have my permission to print this out for your data packet and for help in building your model.

Saturn V 2of2.gif

Last edited:
This additional drawing may also be of use. Again you have my permission to print it out for your scale packet and for use in building your model, but posting here does not imply permission to post this elsewhere on the internet, or to publish it elsewhere:

Saturn V 1of2.gif

Would anyone happen to have a scale package for Saturn V SA 506 (Apollo 11) that would be suitable for Sport Scale competition?
I know there is a CD available from NAR for $20 but was wondering if someone had some basic printed plans/photos kicking around that they no longer have a use for....
Hi, Hutch !

Send me an email and I will provide you with a very detailed drawing ( not by Peter Alway or David Weeks ).

[email protected]

https://i.stack.imgur.com/FxBHf.jpg

Dave F.

1652576288763.png

Last edited:
This additional drawing may also be of use. Again you have my permission to print it out for your scale packet and for use in building your model, but posting here does not imply permission to post this elsewhere on the internet, or to publish it elsewhere:

View attachment 518648

I will say I laughed a little bit and smiled a lot reading your posts. It is very cool that you responded with cool information as you did and I've tried to figure out a good analogy, but I can't get one exactly right. Closest I got is a person asking a legitimate question about painting a first portrait and having DaVinci respond to the post. No disrespect to the OP (totally legit question) and no hero worship for you responding either. It is totally cool that you gave great information and that you have done such a great service to the scale community in general over the years. That's what made me smile. What a cool community!

Sandy.

Thanks both Sandy H. and Peter A.
Yes, I agree with your comment Sandy! Totally amazing community!
I'm going to print out both of your drawings including the comments, in order to impress the judges even more.

(I pinky promise that I won't just copy Peter's drawing for my upcoming book "Rockets of the World Edition 5")

If you want to impress the judges, make the data packet simple and straighforward, so they don't have to spend a month digging through your data. Just the images to show what is relevant to your model. The only text you should include is if you scratchbuilt the model or modified the kit. Information on special challenges can help with the difficulty score. Remember that the poor judge has to get through a room full of models while everyone else is having a good time at the field or hanging out with their fellow rocket geeks at the hotel. As a some-time judge, I really appreciate it when modelers make things easy and straightforward to deal with.

Latest posts

Back