Saturn V K-36 Main (large) Body Tube....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottluther1369

Reaction score
Okay, I'm the sucker who bought the incomplete K-36 Saturn V kit for $27. Hey! It's what I wanted as a kid. Anyway, does anyone know where I can get the large body tube (what size is it BT? and how long is it?)
Thanks for any help!!! Took 35 years but I have the kit (even though it's probably going to be more of a scratch build I think.
Thanks again guys! I reallly appreciate your help!
Heck, pizza at my place! Come on over! : )
--Scott

Totally Tubular!

It's not listed on his web page...he really needs to update!:rolleyes:

https://www.wooshrocketry.org/misc/tt.htm

It's a part number T-101 and I believe they are $7.00 each x 34" long.

More than you'll need.

If any of the body corrugated wraps are missing you will have to settle for the vacuformed plastic replacement over the card stock. You can get those directly from Estes as well as any plastic parts replacements.

Originally posted by sandman
If any of the body corrugated wraps are missing you will have to settle for the vacuformed plastic replacement over the card stock. You can get those directly from Estes as well as any plastic parts replacements.

So does that mean I can get a new escape tower for my capsule??

Yes, I just spoke with estes and ordered 4 nose cone kits for the Red Stone. It should fit the Saturn kit I believe. If not they probably have the nose cone kits for newer Saturn. I also tried to order the nozzles just in case. I emailed them and asked them if they had the body tube. Not sure yet. They have lots of good parts though.
--Scott

I just spoke with estes and ordered 4 nose cone kits for the Red Stone. It should fit the Saturn kit I believe.

WHAT?:confused:

We're talkin' apples and bananas.

The Saturn parts come as a plastic "set" with all the plastic parts engine nozzles and all!

No, I ordered the nose cones which they had, i emailed them asking them if they had the nozzles and have not gotten an answer back. I ordered 4 nose cone kits becuase I'm always breaking the tower. You can ask if they have the Atlas or Redstone or Saturn V nose cone and see what they have to see. I was suprised at the price of their parts. I was even given some stuff for good will on several occasions. Give em a try if you need them. I'm hoping they have the nozzles. Now if they had the nozzles and nose cone for 1b that would be something! I also ordered a couple of extra Orbital transport decals because I messed up on mine <newbie> But Phreds Decals went on EASILY! I plan to buy a bunch from him when I build an upscale Screamer. Still trying to figure that one out.
--Scott

You confused me when you said the "Red Stone" which is different from the Apollo...well....duhh!

Back