Saturn V command module

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Has anyone made a detailed command module wrap for the Estes Saturn V. I am thinking about getting a kit out of the closet and building it. The one I currently fly is starting to see its better days. It is not in to bad of shape it could be refinished, but I am also thinking about making this one a 5 engine cluster with at least 4 of the engine bells staying on for flight.

You should have a look at the Moldin Oldies Saturn V capsule and tower kit available from Sirius Rocketry. I used a Heller 1/100th CSM kit to replace the top of mine. Someone's scale is off as it is a little larger than the original. Ted

You should have a look at the Moldin Oldies Saturn V capsule and tower kit available from Sirius Rocketry. I used a Heller 1/100th CSM kit to replace the top of mine. Someone's scale is off as it is a little larger than the original. Ted

The Heller kit is 1/96.

When I cloned a Saturn 1B I added detail to the CSM with strip styrene. There are lots of good photos available. The key is making the radiator panels stand out from the BT.

Drew

Has anyone made a detailed command module wrap for the Estes Saturn V. I am thinking about getting a kit out of the closet and building it. The one I currently fly is starting to see its better days. It is not in to bad of shape it could be refinished, but I am also thinking about making this one a 5 engine cluster with at least 4 of the engine bells staying on for flight.

Sounds awesome what size engines :)
Cheers
fred

Back