Quantcast

Saturn V command module

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Brent

Reaction score
Has anyone made a detailed command module wrap for the Estes Saturn V. I am thinking about getting a kit out of the closet and building it. The one I currently fly is starting to see its better days. It is not in to bad of shape it could be refinished, but I am also thinking about making this one a 5 engine cluster with at least 4 of the engine bells staying on for flight.

dedleytedley

Reaction score
You should have a look at the Moldin Oldies Saturn V capsule and tower kit available from Sirius Rocketry. I used a Heller 1/100th CSM kit to replace the top of mine. Someone's scale is off as it is a little larger than the original. Ted

dtomko

Reaction score
You should have a look at the Moldin Oldies Saturn V capsule and tower kit available from Sirius Rocketry. I used a Heller 1/100th CSM kit to replace the top of mine. Someone's scale is off as it is a little larger than the original. Ted

The Heller kit is 1/96.

When I cloned a Saturn 1B I added detail to the CSM with strip styrene. There are lots of good photos available. The key is making the radiator panels stand out from the BT.

Drew

Fred22

Reaction score
Has anyone made a detailed command module wrap for the Estes Saturn V. I am thinking about getting a kit out of the closet and building it. The one I currently fly is starting to see its better days. It is not in to bad of shape it could be refinished, but I am also thinking about making this one a 5 engine cluster with at least 4 of the engine bells staying on for flight.
Sounds awesome what size engines :)
Cheers
fred

Latest posts