Saturn Showcase at NARAM-51 Great Fun!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius Rocketry

For the Serious Rocketeer
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
The Sirius Rocketry Saturn Showcase at NARAM-51 was a success! Many people flew their Apollo-Related models during the flight window to get a chance in the drawing for over 400 dollars worth of great prizes. We enjoyed seeing all the Apollo models fly in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the moon landing, and fun was had by all who flew in this much-anticipated event. Winners were drawn at random from the flight cards of everyone who flew an Apollo-related model during the launch windows for this event. Some flew their models multiple times to get a shot at a prize, in the end the goal was met: to see lots of Apollo models fly in celebration of the 40th!​

Congratulations to the winners of the prizes listed below:
  • Sirius Rocketry $100 Shopping Spree: Jerry Little (Jerry promptly put is certificate towards the purchase of the Sirius Rocketry 1:64 Saturn V. Congratulations Jerry!
  • Sirius Rocketry Refit U.S.S.Atlantis Kit: Paul Miller
  • Starlight Model Rockets Builder's Special Parts Kit: Tim Bookwalter
  • Flis Kits 1:282 Saturn 1B: James Bookwalter
  • Semroc Astronautics Saturn 1B: John Partridge
  • NARTS Saturn CD Data Set: Jerry Kraus
  • Red River Rocketry Diamond Ring: Tim Bookwalter
  • Dr. Zooch Saturn 1B: James Bookwalter
  • Starlight Model Rockets JayHawk: Craig Zicafoose
  • NARTS Saturn Blueprint Set: James Bookwalter
  • Sirius Rocketry Detail Decal Sheet: John Partridge
  • Sirius Rocketry Detail Decal Sheet: Chan Stevens
  • Sirius Rocketry Detail Decal Sheet: James Bookwalter
  • Sirius Rocketry Detail Decal Sheet: George Pike
  • Sirius Rocketry Detail Decal Sheet: Jerry Little
Our special thanks also go out to all our very good friends who also contributed prizes to help make this an even better and much anticipated event:​

Starlight Model Rockets
Flis Kits
Semroc Astronautics
NARTS
Red River Rocketry
Dr. Zooch​

Thank you all!​

David​

JerrySaturnShowcase.jpg

CraigSatShowcase.jpg

ChanSaturnShowcase.jpg

I could not be more proud than when I watched the showcase and saw just how many of my kits were flying! And the photos seen here... Bravo52 and his dual Saturns and Chan with his "Fists full of Saturns." Great! Foose... what's that thing you are pictured holding?;););)

I could not be more proud than when I watched the showcase and saw just how many of my kits were flying! And the photos seen here... Bravo52 and his dual Saturns and Chan with his "Fists full of Saturns." Great! Foose... what's that thing you are pictured holding?;););)

Semroc LJII.:p That's the rocket that ended up having the winning flight card, but I flew both my Zooch Saturn V and Saturn 1B multiple times. Jerry probably looks better holding Zooch models than I do! :clap:

That was just what I could stuff in my mitts on the first trip. Once I'd gotten done loading my competition stuff in the car Saturday night, I started looking through my sport models to see what I could take along with an eye for Saturns. Wanted to take one of my Apogee's, an Estes or two, etc. but had no room. Then I spotted all those little Zooch boxes, each of which could fit in nooks and crannies and protect the rocket, so my "sport fleet" wound up being 10 of yours, and nothing else. I tell ya, the fact that your models fit back in the box is a major benefit in my never humble opinion. Nothing like those nasty Roachwerks kits, where once you open the box, parts spring out all over the place and you have to start building immediately, with the final model being about 20x the cubic volume of the box.

--Chan Stevens

Chan- I've actually gone back and re-designed a few kits with small tweeks that ould allow the rocket to fit back into the box- just because you said how much you like that. Some, however, just cannot be re-fit... but still- I do new designs with that in mind.

Foose... I saw your Saturns flying... you know I'm just yankin' yer' chain.;);)

David,

Thanks for creating the Saturn Showcase event.

It was great to see all the different Saturn/Apollo models being flown.

Thanks, also, to all the vendors who provided prizes.

I never imagined that I would ever fly my 36/37 year old Centuri 1/100th scale Little Joe II, again, but the Saturn Showcase was the perfect reason to do so. :D

Back