Saturday launch :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any secrets on how to prevent the booster fins from separating on landing from the tube on the root edge? I have tried a bigger chute, launched only on a C6-3, landing on a wet grass field and still the fin separated.
Jim's suggestion makes sence :)
Cheers
fred

I have actually been experimenting with tethering the kevlar shock line outside the body tube to the bottom of the rocket (near the motor tube) so that the model comes down tail end up... Hope to have that flying at NARAM this weekend and I will report with a follow up.

jim

How did that go JIm?
Cheers
fred

As always Great photos Fred!
One of the best parts of TRF is your flight pics... really nice stuff this time also.

Hi John,
Sorry about not replying sooner. Lost track of this thread. I thank you for your kind words. I am sure you have noticed that the quailty of photography on TRF is going up as a whole. I enjoy your pictures as well.
Cheers
fred

Did this fly or was the test doomed between the windy days and your little run-in with pneumonia?

Well, no Thunderbird test at NARAM.... just too darned sick... I'll see what I can do at the next CMASS launch at the end of the month...

jim
Hope you feel better soon Jim:)
Cheers
fred

Hope you feel better soon Jim:)
Cheers
fred

I'm feeling better every day, but still have to take it easy. I notice that the heat really drains me since i got sick. I have to just shut down a few minutes several times a day. Having it in the mid-high 90's doesn't help, that's for sure... LOL

I'm feeling better every day, but still have to take it easy. I notice that the heat really drains me since i got sick. I have to just shut down a few minutes several times a day. Having it in the mid-high 90's doesn't help, that's for sure... LOL

Well its around thirty somedays but it has rained a lot this summer:( Ah Jim I've seen pictures you're tougher then old cowboy boots :) As you recover think maybe about some new scale projects :)
All the best
Fred

Back