Saturday Afternoon American Muscle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our little town today had our annual NATCHEZ TRACE FESTIVAL. They have added a GASOLINE ALLEY CAR SHOW which I like to look around. This year seemed to be the best in a while! NO ROCKETS, not even a good ROCKET 88 OLDS....but good AMERICAN MUSCLE just the same! My digital chip only takes 16 pics so here are just a few. I think there are SOME car buffs in this forum.;) Start out with a nice 1967 Corvette:

Always one of MY favorites, the 1967 PONTIAC GTO!!!:D :D ....The local car dealership had one of the NEW GTOs on display....would not WASTE a shot on it!!!!.....well, maybe THIS shot:kill:

Didn't the group HEART do a song about this car???;) ;) ....da..da,da,da,...da,da,da,...da,da,DAAAA!!!!!....da,da.DAAAA!!!!....ummmm BARRA-CUDA!!!!:confused:

love muscle cars, that cuda excspecially. friend of my uncle just picked up a 69 Hemi cuda. great car had a super bird for a while too.

BTW another uncle has the exact same Chevelle. I love that car

Years ago, I had a 1965 Mustang with a 289 V8.....this ain't no lame 289....look at the symbol...it says 347 STROKER!!!! WHAT IS THAT!!!!:confused: :confused:

347 Stroker...it ain't stock. The 347 is a popular stroker kit for the 5.0 (302) crowd.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm a sucker for hot-rods. I wish I had kept that 67 XR7 GT Cougar (390 cu.in.) I had in high school.

My current ride is a 87 Buick Grand National. It's NOT for sale! Believe it or not, it would give most of those old muscle cars a run for their money.

This is one of my favorite articles....notice which car is second only to the Viper in this all-star lineup. :)
https://popularmechanics.com/automotive/collector_cars/1997/8/showdown_muscle_cars/

John

Those are some great pics. Looks like you had a good day.
John Deer Hot Rod? Only in the south. ;) :)
Bet that thing could boast some major horsepower. :)

I kind of liked the Barracuda best, could have done without the red though.

The GTO is always cool, too.
Those new GTO's don't even deserve to be called GTO's. There nothing but a Grand Am or Grand Prix. :rolleyes:

Tim

I love old cars...but I am a sucker for the Viper.....I love that car.

Grand National eh? great car. Fastest of its production year if I remember correctly

The Viper has got to be the best you can get for the money, and has been for several years now, in my opinion.
A car that can compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, or whatever else for just a fraction of the cost.
And it's made here in the good ol USA.

If I've ever got $80,000 to spend on a car, that's what I'm gettin'.
Or maybe $40,000 and get the old RT10.

here's mine...
450HP at the wheels with a little 281 on steroids
:eek:

desertfront.jpg

Originally posted by billEblurzz
And NOT to forget our own SLIM-T, I think this 'ole boy and his hot rod came over from the GREAT STATE of ALABAMA!!!!;) ;)

Careful now... I'm from BAMA too...and I love my JD...!!!

Viper is by far my favorite car...gimme one royal blue with white racing stripes...simply amazing.

Seeing that T/A brought back some memories. Owned a '78 from 1993 to 2002. I yanked that dawg of a 400 motor and stuck another 400 from a '71 Firebird in it. I need to scratch up a picture to scan though. The current ride pulls strong at the top end, but hardly "muscle". Not exactly grab ya by the shoulders and slam you in the back of the seat when gunning it. Lordy, Lordy how I miss having a V8. Well, except when I'm at the gas pump! Here's the current blue ricey variety gas sipper shivering in the snow back in February. The red Civic next to it is getting its motor rebuilt and installed today!!!! Hence, why I missed the TRF gathering this weekend. "Keep 'em on the road fellas!"

Originally posted by Steward

Careful now... I'm from BAMA too...and I love my JD...!!!

Lol. Nice pic. I'll have to get a pic of my Hot Rod later today. I have to warn you though, it hasn't been cleaned up in a while. :)

Mr. Blurzz, I can't believe you left out the Camaro in your original posts. I'd rather have one of those over a Mustang any day. :)
Except for maybe Elapid's Cobra. :eek: :cool:

Tim

Originally posted by DPatell
Viper is by far my favorite car...gimme one royal blue with white racing stripes...simply amazing.

Amen, I like the older ones though....the new ones dont seem as cool

I talked him out of it.

they are GREAT looking, but they are 40 years old!, they are gonna squeak and creak, and handle like crap on the falcon chassis. no airbags, no cruise control, cd player, cold a/c leather interior...

there's something about a 67 Fastback Mustang though!

nice save, slim_t
:D

i do love my ride...
11s 1/4 miles and spins the tires at will
:eek:
i'm going to be a participant in the upcoming Ford ~vs~ Chevy Challenge hosted by Nor-Cal LS1 at Sacramento Raceway.

i love camaros!
*burp*

can you tell how i decided on my handle?

3stangs1.jpg

Back