Sandman BT-60 Pershing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjohnson

mox nix
Reaction score
As I continue to unpack from my move I find many half finished projects. My BT-60 Pershing was one of those recent finds. I had gotten all the fins, fin plates, and tunnels glued on then sort of stalled out trying to decide on a motor mount.

Today I built an 18mm mount for this little beastie and need to figure out out how much weight to add to the nose before gluing up the balsa segments and starting to paint.

So- who has made one of these and where's the CG suppposed to go?

kj

The kit comes with a slug of lead that is glued into the nose cone.

On mine the CG is (without motor) 6 3/4" from the nose cone tip. Right at the first detail line up from the base of the nose cone.

Pershing 1A sm_a.jpg

The kit comes with a slug of lead that is glued into the nose cone.

On mine the CG is (without motor) 6 3/4" from the nose cone tip. Right at the first detail line up from the base of the nose cone.

The slug I include in the kit makes a bit "over stable" but better to be safe I guess.:eek: With the included weight it's about 2.5 calipers stable.

This may help.

pershing1abt60.jpg

Last edited:
I should mention that mine isn't a kit- I just ordered from the first batch of cones. It really has been that long since I started the project. :) Thanks for the info.

Maybe after I finish this BT-60 one, I'll start on my BT-80 version.

kj

I should mention that mine isn't a kit- I just ordered from the first batch of cones. It really has been that long since I started the project. :) Thanks for the info.

Maybe after I finish this BT-60 one, I'll start on my BT-80 version.

kj

Oh, I was refering to Tony's CG.

Yours doesn't really need to be that far forward, but it wouldn't hurt.

Back