Sanding sealer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
With a material this thin, rounded leading and trailing edges would work for me.

If I were to buy a sheet of G-10, what methods would you recommend for cutting it? (For straight and for curve cuts). A dremmel with a cutting wheel? A scroll saw with a high tooth count blade for curved cuts?
Cutting it repeatably isn't very easy with freehand-moved power tools, but I'm not the greatest craftsman.

When would I apply the wiid hardener in the body tube? Before I install the motor mount or after? How much strength does this add to the cardboard?

When would I apply the wiid hardener in the body tube? Before I install the motor mount or after? How much strength does this add to the cardboard?
There's a lot of solvent in it, so it would need to be applied before much of anything else.

Take a practice run on a cereal box or similar to get a feel for it.

1st thing you can do, or right after you put the MMT in. Likely adds 50% more strength, but it's hard to estimate such a thing. As long as it has time to soak into the cardboard, you will be ending up with a more durable airframe.

1st thing you can do, or right after you put the MMT in. Likely adds 50% more strength, but it's hard to estimate such a thing. As long as it has time to soak into the cardboard, you will be ending up with a more durable airframe.

It won't harm the epoxy from the MMT?

Back