Sand color Estes Aerospace Club t-shirt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close not quite. Looks like the Finch shirt had the logo in all shades of brown, whereas the new Estes shirt is the original purple. Still a good looking shirt.

So is anyone planning on adding their "Thrust Bars" to their shirt? Or is that just too nerdy?

I only ever officially earned my level 2 and 3 back in the day... although I'd say by now I've earned the rest.

Pretty much it was a marketing campaign. Build and fly "X" number of Estes rockets of certain skill levels.
EAC Skill Level Requirements.jpg

That said, I still was very excited about the club and sent in my "proofs of purchase" from the rockets I built and got the certificates for Skill Level 2 and 3. The cool thing was that you got your big certificate (8.5 x 11) in the mail, and somebody at Estes actually wrote your name on it. I still have my two certificates, thrust bar iron-ons, and the issues of Model Rocket News where they put your name on the list for achieving the skill level. For a 10 year old, it was pretty exciting!

EDIT: Here is the link to somebody's scan of the club welcome letter and requirements: LINK

Cool. I suspect the "and fly" requirements led to my getting none of them. I did lots of building and *very* little flying back then.

So is anyone planning on adding their "Thrust Bars" to their shirt? Or is that just too nerdy?

I only ever officially earned my level 2 and 3 back in the day... although I'd say by now I've earned the rest.
Too nerdy? Not possible in this crowd! I would add them if I had the capability.

Back