Samsung recalls Galaxy Note 7 over battery flaw

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People are starting to report the same problem with the S7/S7 Edge. Not good for Samsung...

I was flying Sunday and the flight attendants told people with a Samsung phone to turn it off and leave it off until in the terminal at our destination.

M

Here's the worst I've seen (at least on the ground). Only had it 4 days...

[YOUTUBE]utHRQtuzuYo[/YOUTUBE]

No it doesn't look good. I've had no problems with Samsung over the years, but never had a phone. Mine were always motorola's.
But I think trying to lead the public that it's a flaw in the battery's manufacturing, until the final outcome is wrong.
That's like way back when with the Ford Explorers and Firestone. I didn't have an explorer, but I had a bad set of AT's from Indiana on my Ranger 4x4.
At 65 I could hardly hold it on the road after 30,000 miles of all freeway driving. Next set lasted over 100,000 miles...Not made at the Indiana plant.
And to this day, I put white lettered Firestones on my Ford Truck.
So as far as TV's and the likes, I don't have a problem with them. For the guy with a Jeep...if they don't make it right with him, I don't blame him for not wanting anything Samsung.

People are starting to report the same problem with the S7/S7 Edge. Not good for Samsung...

Last edited:
Still rockin with my Note 7. Been 2 weeks now. I love the phone. Never ever gotten warm yet, but I'm always extra alert when charging or during heavy use. I charge on low current only. I know, I know........

I've had my S7 for about a month now,,, so far so good

The E9 of the phone industry. :cyclops:

hahahahahahaha,,
Dat was a good one...

I'm havin some probs with my Note 3..
It's on it's 3rd battery..
I was considering replacing it.....

Maybe not,, lol..

Teddy

What are the main noticeable plus differences in a Note 7 over a Note 3?

8 core processor vs 4. Incredible camera, and storage capacity. Available in 64gb internal with 2tb capacity. Of course biggest micro SD card available now is 256gb. It's waterproof and has the edge built in (I turned mine off). Great piece of technology. Unfortunately you lose the ability to do anything else while on a call, except phone text. Anything internet related is gone. Sprint wifi calling came with a patch received last night.

Last edited:
I totally hear ya Jim..
But that pic of the Jeep burning really gave me the willies,, lol...
Ima wait a bit...

Man, where have you been Jim ??
You've been working like crazy huh...
When are we gonna be at a launch together again ??
Not till the spring maybe..

Teddy

Word I get through the grapevine in the industry is that the problem was related to a quick charge chip/chipset that was not quite ready for prime time. Also heard that the fix was to dial back the quick charge capability. Not going to mention who's chip (because this is just an industry rumor to me and as far as I know not a known fact), just that it wasn't any outfit I work for or have worked for.

It would be interesting to know form those that have the new ones: How long does it take to charge the battery?

An incident aboard a Southwest Airlines may be connected to a replacement Galaxy Note 7.
Investigation is being expeditiously conducted to verify.
See more "HERE".

"MORE" info.
What is puzzling me is if they don't know exactly what has caused the batteries to instantly blast into flames...
How cans a "Safe" replacement be exchanged?

There have now been three (update: now five) "replacement" Note 7's that have caught fire. The most recent one filled the guy's bedroom with smoke before he woke up and realized had to go to the hospital as a result.

I think it is time for Samsung to pull the plug on the Note 7.

Last edited:
Back