Sacramento Area Rocketry Group 1st Meeting!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
Reaction score
Interested in joining a model rocketry club, learning about rocketry, and providing a safe and controlled environment for you and your children to lear about science?

All model rocket enthusiasts, NAR & TRA members and non-members, low power and high power fliers, can assist in the formation of a local club. This club is an affiliate of the National Association of Rocketry (NAR). It will serve Northern California including Placer, Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, and Nevada Counties.

All are welcome, whether you are brand new to the hobby or a seasoned rocketeer. We are also looking for people who have website design skills and experience running a club of like-minded enthusiasts.

Date: September 26th
Time: 6:00pm

If you live in the Sac Valley area and you fly rockets, you are one of us!

Be there!

congrats, we're all cheering for you!! post an update and tell us about the meeting. let us know when and where you are launching!!

The meeting was a roaring success.

Approximately 30 people showed up. Experience ranged from Level 3 all the way down the chain to parents/granparents with their kids/grandkids.

I'm very optimistic this will work out given the level of expertise and the participation in other rocketry organizations much further away. We've got funding ($5K) from a local county, a website on the way, officers and...

...The big news is that we have a LAUNCH SITE. In California that is a very big deal. Our first launch is scheduled for Saturday October 10 about 40 minutes from my home. The bad news is that I will driving my parents home from Maine to Arizona and won't be able to participate.

More to follow.

I just ran across this post. Is there any news about the club?

Agreed, the club site seems up but no meetings or launches listed. Any update?

Not sure what's going on. First we lost the field, then found a second field and lost it before even launching there.

Most of the active SARG club members are also members of LUNAR and fly regularly at Snow Ranch...that is, when the drought conditions abate. Only three launches this spring and probably nothing again until November (hopefully).

Pray for rain.

Thanks, we've still been going out locally here, but finding a place big enough for the mid-powers is proving more and more difficult. I realize there are permits, etc. But we haven't had too many issues with E and lower just at the local school.

I'll keep an eye on the SARG site and see if they bring it back. If so, I have about 8-10 people (not joking) that will join/participate. We have that many easy coming to the local school currently, not including all the kids. (15-20 people total)

Back