S.S. Eclipse wireless video flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasrau

Reaction score
At Sunday's CTRA's PinePlains launch my much abused PML Eclipse flew a wireless video system on a AMW J400 RR. I haven't had a chance to properly edit the video, but here is a quick and dirty version. There's a number of blackouts as I lost signal which I have yet to edit out.

Eclipse Video

woa .the drogue-less recovery part made for some cool shots of the booster

she was definatly far above any yellow submarines tho...lol.!

woa .the drogue-less recovery part made for some cool shots of the booster

Last years video was in some ways better, the booster was still smoking like mad during the descent. This year the roll rate was far less and it deployed the main :D
It actually descends much more stable drogueless. I used to use the small 12" drogue that came with it, but ditched it a while back.

I used to use the small 12" drogue that came with it, but ditched it a while back.

Is this the famous "Sure tangle" drogue? lol, at least I got it back;)

Nice video, wish I could have been there to see it. Will you be at Cobleskill on Sunday? I should be there then...

And also, how do you compare Redline to Red Rhino?

Dan, yes that's the one. All it ever seemed to do is get the booster to keep slamming into the rest of the airframe until it would tangle enough to stop.
No, I will not be able to make Cobleskill, I'll be in VA for the Team America Rocketry Challenge. But I will be at Pineplains on June 6th. To try the video again with a J570.
I finally got around to posting some frame grabs

https://www.hipower-rocketry.com/Movie_Roc_P2.htm

Back