Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy Paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
Any one used this? I've used it on my Orbital Transport, have the decals all applied, and now wish to clear coat, or seal them. What good clear coats will work over this paint, and the decals?

By the way, this is some of the glossyest (sp?) paint I've ever seen. The only problem is it'll show every little spot that didn't get smoothed out during prepping.

I use it quite often, it gives a very tough finish that can stand up to repeated launches. I never clear coat unless I have decals. I have only been able to find it in white.

Before I clear coat, I use number 00 steel wool to give the clear coat something to grab. Just enough to dull the shine. I then apply the decals and then give it a light clear coat.

You are right about the finish. It will show up undercoat problems. And, it is somewhat thick, so if you are masking, you will definitely have a ridge.

I have used epoxy paint but found it intolerable of any other paint...including a recoat of itself!

I have found it in black as well as white.

Testor's Gloss coat should work with no problem...test it first.

I usually just use Future Floor Finish.

sandman

Back