Russians Bearing Gifts :)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
Tomorrow is a special day for me and a friend of mine to celebrate. Oct 13th, 2003 was when I met online a young lady from Uzbekistan. She was at an internet club waiting for her friends in bordom, so she decided to do a random chat. I was the random person that the chat program picked. We chat for a while, and became very good friends :). Today I got a package in the Mail with a lot of Russian on it. It was a bunch of little trinkets, postcards, candy, and a gift from her mom to my mom :). One of the little trinkets I really liked the moment I opened its little wooden crate and cleared out the foam...

cute_couple_at_fense.jpg

I laughed with joy when I saw it :). I like it a lot :). That wooden fense is like the vast ocean that seperates me from her...

And I feel honored recieving such a nice package from her... I know it cost her a lot, in a land where they don't make much money... Here is another view:

Couple_at_fense_dh.jpg

i see this thread and i think "sputnick landed in his backyard!??!!!!"

lol, very cool trinkets

Originally posted by n3tjm
I laughed with joy when I saw it :). I like it a lot :). That wooden fense is like the vast ocean that seperates me from her...

Well that fella looks ready to hop over the fence to me! ;)

The net makes the world a little smaller place, doesn't it? At an online community I frequent we were discussing how in Australia they have chocolate Easter bilbies as well as Easter bunnies. Much to my surprise and delight six weeks later some long eared Easter bilbies arrived in my mailbox here in the states courtesy of one of the women there. I still have them.

That's cool! What is it with you and Russians??? lol

Originally posted by Pippen
Well that fella looks ready to hop over the fence to me! ;)

The net makes the world a little smaller place, doesn't it?

yu1.JPG

Some people are worth jumping over the fence for :). Maybe one of these days.. when I get some money... I will buy a ticket to visit a far off land... :D

This was taken with a digital camera I Fed-Ex'd her. It cost more to ship the camera then I payed for it... but I wanted to make sure she got it :eek:

Originally posted by Loopy
That's cool! What is it with you and Russians??? lol

They're trying to get ahold of his Super Glotova so they can attempt a moon landing :D

I hope you can swing the cabbage someday N3tjm.

Just to see that smile in person and feel the aura that she would project would be worth the airfare....

And then you two start talking about Rockets!!!!

:p

Originally posted by KarlD
And then you two start talking about Rockets!!!!
:p
Doug_and_Yulyas_I-Roc.jpg

Oh... she knows about them ;). She would love to see them fly :). She even has a rocket. She is the first (and probabily the only) person in Uzbekistan to own a Deuces Wild kit :D. To bad she can't fly it :(.

You look prepared with that masking tape on your belt...;)

Oh... she knows about them . She would love to see them fly . She even has a rocket. She is the first (and probabily the only) person in Uzbekistan to own a Deuces Wild kit . To bad she can't fly it .

Serious?

Man, is that luck or what?!:D Man, that's serious luck!

Should we raise a n3tjm fund? :D
Yeah, I'd say save your money and go out there to meet her. I think she's worth a year of no rocket motors:D

Originally posted by GL-P
Should we raise a n3tjm fund? :D

Yeah. I like that idea ;).

Guess what I just did; with the help of my Russian freind Nikitta, who let me borrow his international calling card, I dialed Yulya's phone number on my cell phone. There is a nine hour time difference, so its about 8am where she was at...

Perfect timing... She was home, just about ready to go out with friends. Her english was very good :). Much better than the last time I talked to her last December on the phone... She had to go; but she and I agreed for me to call her tomorrow night (morning for her).

We assume that she built it?...(With capable guidance from the N'ster no Doubt...!)

Way Cool.

But she cannot fly it...:(

Prehaps when you get that plane ticket, you should bring her over here and take her to a launch...

"I love it when a plan comes together."

I don't think she built it yet.... she wants her dad to help her build it; but he does not know English, so he can't read the instructions.... and she had trouble trying to explaining them to him. Solution....

I am writing her a set of instructions in Russian.

Special thanks to Jim Flis for an electronic version of the instructions and the permission to use them and the illustrations for this project, and additional thanks to Nikita Sarychev, for doing most of the translation work for me :).

All I have to do is finish laying out the instructions, print it, and I will send it out to her in my next package :D.

She is lovely. :)

Originally posted by n3tjm
Special thanks to Jim Flis for an electronic version of the instructions and the permission to use them and the illustrations for this project, and additional thanks to Nikita Sarychev, for doing most of the translation work for me :).

Did Jim also include advice that this is the type of gift that you can only give most woman *before* you are married? ;)

Originally posted by Pippen
She is lovely. :)

Did Jim also include advice that this is the type of gift that you can only give most woman *before* you are married? ;)

You see... I think I got it all figured out... When I find someone that I decide I would like to marry... I would get her addicted to rockets... pretty soon she'll become L1... then L2.... and then when the time comes, she won't crindge when I say... honey... here is my idea for L3 :D.

I am going to call her again tonight :). Don't know what I am going talk about :). What ever happens happens :) .

Fliskits International :D

Awesome when you find a girl that loves rockets!!!

I guess I got a long time left to find someone !!! :D

I am going to call her again tonight . Don't know what I am going talk about . What ever happens happens .

Sounds like what happens when I chat with a few of the girls I talk to !!!:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back