Russian V1--Anyone ever seen this?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetMan

Reaction score
I ran across this on ebay last night:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3170287189&category=2567

It's a Soviet version of the German V1 with two engines up top. did a little research on the net and discovered a book on Schiffer books call The V1 and Its Soviet Successors (www.schifferbooks.com/military/ groundgerman/076431274X.html ) which featured this Soviet V1 on the cover. This looks like a really cool scratch project.

I've built a couple of V1s, the best being a BT60 based model. I made the pulse jet out of a shaped and hollowed out BT55-BT50 balsa transition. It flies wonderfully on C6-5s with ejection just past apogee. I'm tempted to try it on C6--7s for a truly scale looking flight! I'll post some pics later...

MetMan

Sweet little kit. I do remember seeing one of these at a local RC plane/hobby contest a few months back. Looked very nice on display, and the guy had some information beside it.

Now as to this not being a flying rocket - as per the ebay information - this would be a neat rocket to clone.

2 C's and voila - instant rocket. 8)

Far from instant Silerleaf, I've converted a 1/48th V-1 for Micro-maxx flight and it was Rough! getting the balance right is a real pain, I can't imagine the difficulty getting two offset motors set right for a stable straight flight. likely doable but anything but "instant rocket"

lol..well I didn't mean cloning it would be easy - just adding 2 C's and vroom..bound to be a serious Fubar. :D

This is the V1 I built. Not exactly scale but flies quite well. Just need to figure out a paint scheme...

Back