Russian SAM III

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobee300

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Centuri (I think) Russian SAM III two-stage kit from the early-mid eightys ??? I built one and and it was just too cool !!! Even though I only had one launch ... the upper stage must had made the stratosphere ... lol !

I would even love to just get ahold of a parts list and instructions so I could attempt to clone the kit.

I believe...not positive...it is based on a BT-60 body tube.

That would not be hard to "clone".

Or upscale it using almost all the parts...and a few more...from an Estes Pheonix kit.

Or better yet if you can find an old Estes Sizzler with the rear ejection I think the nose cone is closer.

sandman

Aerobee300

That website you found is cool...... If you go back to the main menu he has most, if not all of the old catalogs........ I found rockets that I have never seen before (I am one of the few here at TRF that is not a BAR)....... Boy, Estes and Centuri made a lot of cool looking rockets back then!!!!!!!

Yeah ... that website is cool !!!! I gotta quit looking at all this old stuff .... I may just be getting back into the rocketry thing to hard and fast ... lol. What started out as a school project for my kids is rapidly turning me into a maniac !!! I'm seeing a lot of the old kits I made as a kid and find myself wanting to have a "do over" on all of 'em !

What's worse is there is even a lot of new stuff that is sparking my interest .... oh well ... it's only time and money right ... LMAO

BTW ... What is a BAR ? (newbie question):rolleyes:

Originally posted by Aerobee300
What started out as a school project for my kids is rapidly turning me into a maniac !!!

BTW ... What is a BAR ? (newbie question):rolleyes:

Another maniac!!!! That's my name!!!! LOL :D :D

BAR is Born Again Rocketeer...... Someone who played with rockets as a kid....... left the sport and then came to it later........

Back