Running multiple EFMinis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snrkl

Reaction score
Hoping someone has figured this out already (or @cerving is loitering somewhere...)

What’s best practice if I have two efminis for different rockets and want to be able to fly them both same day; so I set them to different frequencies (and is there a way to change the receiver Chanel easily from the LCD?) or do I have to run them on the same frequency?

There must be a way, I saw a guy this weekend launch a Mad Cow Double Shot, both the booster and sustainer had EF trackers in them. Not sure how he did it, but he only had one base station.

Hoping someone has figured this out already (or @cerving is loitering somewhere...)

What’s best practice if I have two efminis for different rockets and want to be able to fly them both same day; so I set them to different frequencies (and is there a way to change the receiver Chanel easily from the LCD?) or do I have to run them on the same frequency?
Just change the frequency on your LCD receiver between flights. It's very easy... see the user's manual (Page 39, "Configuring your Eggfinder LCD").

There must be a way, I saw a guy this weekend launch a Mad Cow Double Shot, both the booster and sustainer had EF trackers in them. Not sure how he did it, but he only had one base station.

If they're on different frequencies, you can't do it with a single receiver... I used two with my Double Shot. I've seen a few people put two receivers in one case, I know somebody that did it with a Pelican case and made up an aluminum bezel for it, it looks amazing.

Back