Rumors Causing Havock

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
thiswillcausehavock.jpg

he just wants us to go insane doesn't he? :D :D

... sorry for the reso, i chopped the quality down for the 56k-ers

mwahahahahaha.

ha.

I remember looking at the Farscape for the first time and thinking "Wow, a fliskits glider".

Several things that we can't talk about, like the S**-**, and the S*******, and the H*********.

I always thought the glider and helicopter sections of your website needed filling... Good for you! I cant wait to see them in action... Got anything ready to test at the oct 2 launch in Amesbury?

Im not even gonna TRY to get you to tell me what it is... Your too stubborn. ;)

Well, would it hurt to tell us what they are named? Id like to know that, at least. I wouldent mind a few teaser pics either...

Originally posted by shrox
Several things that we can't talk about,

What about the S**-S**********?
or the S**-** N*****?
or the S*******?
(no its not the same S*******)

CTimm

LOL

I don't have a lot of detail myself as we haven't set our 2005 product schedule yet (sometime in Nov/Dec) but we can expect some of the following:

a glider kit (perhaps conpetition, perhaps sport, not sure)
a helicopter kit (same as above)
scale (1-3 different possibles)
futuristic
multi-stage (2 possibles, very cool)
cluster (one that is near and dear to my heart :D )

One question/caution... We really do have a slew of great ideas and hope to cement our *general* direction in the next couple of months. After that you will start to see more information from us in the form of sneek previews and such. Also, anything we *pre*announce as a plan of action is subject to change.

The question is, is this information desireable or is it more frustration than it is worth? I talk about our upcoming kits because I am excited about them, but if all I am doing is frustrating then I would prefer not to do that.

The FarScape and the ACME are two good examples. It was nearly a year after first talking about them before they actually came to be...

Jim,

Are you planning on offering a cluster MMT of 4-18mm in a BT-80?
Just wondering as it'd work great on a scale subject I have in mind.
Can you say "FFAR"?

Chris Timm

Can you say "fat albert, BT80 tube, 18MM motor mounts", Jim? ;) Id buy one... :D

Actually I love these threads... Theyre fun :D Go ahead and post teaser pics and stuff... :D My workshop freezes solid over the winter, so it doesent matter if it takes till next spring to get it out, it doesent make a difference to me! ;)

Originally posted by shrox
Several things that we can't talk about, like the S**-**, and the S*******, and the H*********.

:kill: :D :D

the goddard rocket you were talking about has me excited a bit

Originally posted by jflis
LOL

I don't have a lot of detail myself as we haven't set our 2005 product schedule yet (sometime in Nov/Dec) but we can expect some of the following:

a glider kit (perhaps conpetition, perhaps sport, not sure)
a helicopter kit (same as above)
scale (1-3 different possibles)
futuristic
multi-stage (2 possibles, very cool)

One question/caution... We really do have a slew of great ideas and hope to cement our *general* direction in the next couple of months.

Are you thinking about extending your "design" resource access in other directions as in Shrox?

Lets see - Jim likes clusters !

He came out with the Duce & Tres

next it should be the QUADraFlis!! or the FOURumnator!!!

which ever it is I look forward to seeing it

The question is, is this information desireable or is it more frustration than it is worth? I talk about our upcoming kits because I am excited about them, but if all I am doing is frustrating then I would prefer not to do that.

I for one am ok with the pre-release chatter. It generates excitement and anticipation, similar to, but not the same as frustration. It lets us know good stuff is cooking and there is stuff coming down the pike worth looking for!
But expect to see a :kill: occasionally;)

LOL

Quattros!
Jim is a big tease!! Thats O.K., I like the insite to whats going on in yur workshop. We may, from time to time, send you a package of nodoze and strong coffee beans to help speed things along.;)
Sleep, whaddya need sleep for...get workin on the new kits, dogone it

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Are you thinking about extending your "design" resource access in other directions as in Shrox?

no, not at this time. We simply have too many of our own designs we'd like to get out :)

Alright all...chant with me here!

SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK! SNEAK PEEK!

:D :D :D

Jason

Back