Ruin My Sleep!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I went to bed and a question occured to me that is keeping me from getting any sleep until the question is posted here.

I looked on my desk and saw my only Baby Bertha sitting in its package. I had already decided to build it "stock" for my own reasons. Then, as I try to get to sleep I wondered,

How does one goonify a Baby Bertha?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It fits the criteria of well loved, BT60, Bertha NC. There must be a way!

For the love of mercy, somebody please tell me what it is.

OK, John. Put down the X-Acto knife and the bottle of wood glue, and slowly back away from the workbench.

There, that's better.

I think that someone needs to take a little break from kit-building. I know of a place where one can relax and get away from it all for awhile...

MarkII

Change the decals and call it good!

I'd make a decal that says, "Goonie Bertha" and paint it red.

I've never seen the picture till now!:D I never could get the '57 Goonie to display on the web page. Looks real interesting!:cool:

Same here. I always wondered what it looked like. :blush:

I also have...

Plans and Patterns for;

The Goonydent

Goony Goblin

Goony Bird Zero

Goony Max

Der V-10/6

Goony Ghost

Cloud Hopper

Honest Goon

And a set to make BT-5 Micro Maxx versions of the original Goonys.

These are all made up and ready to ship.

now...if I can only get ahold of Phred with all the secret codes I can get the site back up and running!:rolleyes:

I went to bed and a question occured to me that is keeping me from getting any sleep until the question is posted here.

I looked on my desk and saw my only Baby Bertha sitting in its package. I had already decided to build it "stock" for my own reasons. Then, as I try to get to sleep I wondered,

You mean something like a Goony Bertha? That's easy. Just find an old Rascal kit (or clone one), paint it like a Big Bertha (pick whatever era), use some Big Bertha decals (again, whatever era you choose), and add the word Goony in front of the word Bertha when you apply the decals. At least that how I built my Goony Bertha. :D
https://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est2021.htm

Tom C.

Last edited:
I simply upscaled the Baby Bertha 1.59X.

Now I have a BT-80 Big Baby Bertha in the paint queue.

BIGBABYBERTHA.jpg

Estes Rock-it next to it to provide size reference.
D-powered, too.

Gonna need some ExcelsiorWerks upscale decals down the line...

I've never seen one of these built.

I got my decals today Gordon they look great! Very well packed and the postman didn't bend them to fit them in the mailbox.(yes he's done it before).

I feel a '57 goonie build coming on!:eek:

Thanks for the great service.:)

Ummm... I always thought that a Baby Bertha WAS a Goony... a Goony Big Bertha...

BTW: "Rocket Doctor" on TRF was the designer of the Baby Bertha. I met him and saw his original prototype at NARAM 50. It has decals of baby Elephants!

Tell me that ain't Goony ????

Ph

I got my decals today Gordon they look great! Very well packed and the postman didn't bend them to fit them in the mailbox.(yes he's done it before).

I feel a '57 goonie build coming on!:eek:

Thanks for the great service.:)

Glad you liked it.

Eat all ya want...we'll make more!;)

But isn't a Baby Bertha already a Goonified Big Bertha? :bangpan:

How do you Goonify a Cloud Hopper? A Missile Toe? :confused: :confused:

MarkII

There needs to be a rule that Goonies can't be self-referential (you can't goonify a goony).

I like Char's idea - keep the linear dimensions but make it with a BT-80 or 101.

You could call it BABY FAT BERTHA.

Awaits demerit PM...

:eyepop:Ok, I know I really don't know much about rockets, but when I saw the images of the Bertha's in line to be painted...it just screamed to me Lawn Dart, like that deadly children's game with the hoops and darts...:eyepop:

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department and saner half 50% of the time

Last edited:
:eyepop:Ok, I know I really don't know much about rockets, but when I saw the images of the Bertha's in line to be painted...it just screamed to me Lawn Dart, like that deadly children's game with the hoops and darts...:eyepop:

Trudy
PemTech's Art Department and saner half 50% of the time
Silly!!! Lawn darts don't have chutes:roll:
Mr. Bob
Starlight dude
www.starlightrocketry.com

Ahh, yes...takes me back. [reminiscing]

I remember those carefree summer afternoons back when I was a kid, playing JARTS football on the backyard. I was always a wide receiver...

And then for fun, there was JARTS dodgeball... And we LIKED it!

Good times, those were. Good times!

jarts.jpg

MarkII

Any now the sleep of another has been corrupted. Your work here is done Jone (JAL3) :)

Trudy
PemTech Art Department and champion sleeper

Any now the sleep of another has been corrupted. Your work here is done Jone (JAL3) :)

Trudy
PemTech Art Department and champion sleeper

PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE

Anyone having real problems getting to sleep should please send me a PM. I can help you. Just let me know if you want my collected sermons on cassette, CD or hard print.

We now return you to your normally scheduled thread.

how-to-spike-a-volleyball.jpg

And then there was also JARTS volleyball... :cyclops:

beach-volleyball-3-453.jpg

MarkII

Last edited:
... and fast-pitch JARTS baseball (I didn't ALWAYS have to be the catcher for those games!)

340-00601a1LittleLeague2Nu.standalone.prod_affiliate.79.JPG

MarkII

Some kids down at the other end of the block used to play dog frisbee with JARTS, but I could never get into that...

flying+Zak

14101.jpg

head_bandage_dog.jpg

MarkII

Back