Rubber/foam Tubing?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Well-Known Member
Jan 21, 2009
Reaction score
I have an A/C air output ducting hose running to a computer case from a floor unit (not the central A/C!), and the hose is the only component that sweats. The duct hose is the standard white plastic 4" slinky flex-type you see at the hardware store. What I would like to do, is replace this thin stuff with hose that is thick enough to act as its own insulation, without having to use insulation over another hose.

Does anyone know where I could find foam rubber 4" ID hose at?

Last edited:
Haven't seen foam rubber, but an HVAC supplier should have insulated flex ducting. Essentially what you already have, with an outer layer of fiberglass and a plastic vapor barrier.

McMaster/Carr might carry it as well...