RRC3 Terminal Block Broke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Person
Reaction score
I was testing fitting electronics for a launch this weekend and the terminal block for the switch and battery broke off of the circuit board. Would it be fine for me to solder directly to the board just for the sake of this weekend? Also does anyone have a source for some terminal blocks I can use to replace the broken one? Maybe even a lower profile one.20191108_085449.jpg

I believe it would be perfectly acceptable to solder directly to those points for this weekend. The best source will be Jim at Missileworks. I bet he will just send you one.

But for low profile, your best bet would be to leave the soldered leads on. One less failure point.

I tried to cram my T3 into a spot it was too big for and broke the terminal block clean off. I soldered a new one on and it works fine.

There are tons of places to buy from - radio shack, Amazon, e-bay...

I would send it back so that the repair/replacement is warrantied... If you DIY, you're on your own without express permission from Missileworks.

I took it to school and soldered leads on for this weekend. I will contact missileworks and see if I can get a new terminal block. I'm not worried about my solder skills as they are pretty good and I have access to good equipment in my schools lab.

Back