rrc3 Piezo setting changes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just missing it in the manual , but I need to change the piezo settings in 1 of 2 rrc3 altimeters . Since I added the 2nd altimeter ( redundancy )- #1 has gotten very quiet , it arms fine - but I would like to be able to audibly hear it as well as I do #2 . I read the manual and it refers to the piezo setting, but I cant seem to find where to change it to a lower / louder freq ? Any help would be appreciated, Jim is still moving and I cant get in touch with him.

In mDACS, "frequency" is adjusted second item down under RRC3 Settings. I do not know about volume as I never looked into it.

It is under the following heading in the manual if doing it manually:
DIP switch and pushbutton operations
Setting the RRC3 via DIP switch and pushbutton

Again- and maybe Im blind- it doesnt say HOW to change it , it describes it .
Im not gonna sweat it - I can see its armed thru the tube from the flashes and the backup is fine.

If you use the LCD terminal you just push SET and BASE then use the down arrow (lower left) to navigate to the Piezo Tone setting. Adjust it up or down using the UP and DOWN buttons and store the changes with the RETURN (upper left) button.

Back