RRC3 ERROR CODE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddmanrockets

Reaction score
I keep getting this error code when I try to connect to my laptop (windows 10) RRC Connection Fail power off RRC3 disconnect /reconnect usb dongle ,retry host or sim connect

any clues on what to try ??
its first time fire-up of RRC3
thx
val

are you turning off, then on, the little slide switch on the USB IO Dongle at the right time?

Tony

Val -

Please review the following and give it a go. Presuming all else is set and operating (USB driver, correct port, etc...) let me know if this gets you going?

Some RRC3's can boot into an undefined state with no power supply simply by physically connecting the blue comm cable to the USBIO module. Below are the 2 revised procedures, the first using the USBIO power source, the second using an external battery. Please try both of these procedure to see if you can improve the connectivity of the RRC3 to mDACS.

a. To start a USB Host Mode session using the RRC3 and USB-IO power source, follow these steps:

- Make all cable connections EXCEPT the blue data cable from the USBIO adapter to the RRC3
- Ensure the USBIO power switch is ON
- Launch the mDACS app, and ensure the USBIO comm port is selected and ready
- Click the Host Connect button in mDACS to start the 20 second connection countdown
- Insert the blue data cable into the RRC3/RTx Comm socket immediately
- RRC3 should boot up and connect up

b. To start a USB Host Mode session with the RRC3 using an external power source, follow these steps:

- Make all cable connections EXCEPT the blue data cable from the USBIO adapter to the RRC3
- Ensure the USBIO power switch is OFF
- Launch the mDACS app, and ensure the USBIO comm port is selected and ready
- Click the Host Connect button in mDACS to start the 20 second connection countdown
- Power up the RRC3, then insert the blue data cable into the RRC3 Comm socket
- RRC3 should connect up

ive tried multiple ways I finally got it to bring up the other tabs in the rrc3 viewer then tried a bottle test and rehooked up then it gave me the same errors I even in unstalled the program & reinstalled it no luck now its telling me unable to open port 3 access to port comm3 denied

Why so finicky? Perfectflite altimeters connect reliably every time as long as the correct COM port is available. Connect cable to computer and altimeter, start app. Power on altimeter and click data/capture. Altimerer will connect and display dialog allowing selection of flight to download.

I finally got it to sync up using (a) but I'll keep playing around with it tomorrow and see if I have any more issues

I also bought a Perfectflite altimeter it went smoothly
Why so finicky? Perfectflite altimeters connect reliably every time as long as the correct COM port is available. Connect cable to computer and altimeter, start app. Power on altimeter and click data/capture. Altimerer will connect and display dialog allowing selection of flight to download.

I think it has more to do with mDacs than the altimeter.

Are you running the newest v1.60 firmware?

- v1.5x code revisions have a 5 second connection window after boot up.
- v1.6 code revisions have a 20 second connection window after boot up.

YES I have most current firmware I can get it to connect to the program but sometimes it doesn't want to give me the comm port and when I do a vacuum test both drog and main fire at the same time even though I get it to about 2500 ft I'll just have to do a couple test flights

Just popping in... I'm following the thread because I'm having the exact same issue with only one of the two RRC3s I got from Black Saturday.

I'm kinda getting a little frustrated what operating system are you using ? I'm going to try my PC also which is windows 7 but that doesn't help at the launch
Just popping in... I'm following the thread because I'm having the exact same issue with only one of the two RRC3s I got from Black Saturday.

Last edited:
I'm kinda getting a little frustrated what operating system are you using ? I'm going to try my PC also which is windows 7 but that doesn't help at the launch

Using Windows 10.
Never had this problem before, and it's only one of the two that I just got.

Windows should auto install the proper FTDI VCP driver, so first test is to determine the ability of your system to detect the USB dongle board reliably. Open the device manager and ensure you can connect, disconnect, and reconnect the dongle board in a reliable fashion. If you can't get this operating reliably, the app can't reliably access the VCP. If this is the case, try another another USB/mini-B cable. Once your certain the system VCP support is solid, then it's a matter of making the Host connection within the prescribed window times and especially following the cable procedure as outlined. Each unit is tested using host mode operations and communications.

Back