RRC2 and PML CPR.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Horne

Reaction score
Okay. As some of you may remember, I am building a dual deploy Jag. Well, my dad recently bought a HM Talon 3 with dual deploy upgrade, which is basicly the CPR 3000 system with fiberglass tubes. Now my question: I was planning on buying a missileworks RRC2 [maybe X]. The PML faq says the RRC will not fit, which is why they made the co-pilot. My problem is the co-pilot is almost $40 over the RRC2, and pretty much the same thing.. The RRC is made for a 38 mm tube, which the cpr tube it. The X version is ~33 mm, and I could make a board for it to screw into the CPR mounts. Would I be able to do this without buying a co-pilot? I don't want to essentially spend lots more for the same thing... Thanks,
Justin.

Well, thanks anyway... Sounds like i'll just have to bite the bullet and get a co-pilot.. That's what bugs me too. I have full confidence in the CP ( it IS a rrc2, just physiclly different). but thats the same reason i hate to pay so much more for it.. :(

Originally posted by Justin Horne
Okay. As some of you may remember, I am building a dual deploy Jag. Well, my dad recently bought a HM Talon 3 with dual deploy upgrade, which is basicly the CPR 3000 system with fiberglass tubes. Now my question: I was planning on buying a missileworks RRC2 [maybe X]. The PML faq says the RRC will not fit, which is why they made the co-pilot. My problem is the co-pilot is almost $40 over the RRC2, and pretty much the same thing.. The RRC is made for a 38 mm tube, which the cpr tube it. The X version is ~33 mm, and I could make a board for it to screw into the CPR mounts. Would I be able to do this without buying a co-pilot? I don't want to essentially spend lots more for the same thing... Thanks,
Justin.

Yes, you can make such a board, as long as you drill it to fit the CPR mounting holes. Remember to allow space for the battery if you use an RRC2X. And make sure the finished unit will fit in the 38 mm CPR tube.
The same goes for other brands of altimeters. Although the C-P is easier to use because it was designed for the the CPR unit, there is no need to go buy one if you already have another altimeter. Adapter boards are cheaper than new altimeters.
Larry Lobdell Jr.

Back