Rouse-Tech

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay or the Yard Sale., but for some reason they tend to go FAST and for sometimes stupidly stupid high prices well above new from Aerotech or 3rd party vendors.

For the same money spent, unless you're filling out a collection or just have a 'need' for a red or blue or yellow one....the black from Aerotech all work the same.

Does Aerotech still stick a stupidly large plate on the side of the case?

That was the main difference way back when

they do not anymore, lasered now.

You sure? Last I checked, my 75/3840 was screen printed... correction: better terminology would be 'pad stamped' or something of the sort.

Last edited:
Lasered. I've seen the machine
Interesting, maybe that change is recent?

I just looked at mine earlier today under a 10x loop. There's a definite difference between the engraving on my Rouse and Dr. Rocket tubes and the markings on my AeroTech and what I'm 100% positive is laser engraving on aluminum anodizing.

My new AT tubes, purchased this year, all look like the marking is white ink roll printed, there's clearly no break in the surface finish where the white ink is.

Is it possible it's just better (more modern) Laser etching?
Somewhere I had pictures of a tube that my buddy played with his Laser on my old Dr Rocket case. You couldn't feel anything from his etchings. Just red color changed to white.

Mine are same and just bought from wildman this summer.
And I'm almost certain those are Lasered. Almost... Not completely, but almost... ;)

It's definitely different than how they were done by Dr Rocket. That style you could feel. It's almost like Dr Rocket engraved the cases and wiped white dye (ink?) into the letters. My buddies Laser just changes the surface color to white by Laser magic... :D:rolleyes:

Back