Rough day for the mid power Praetor.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had this rocket for years....one of my favorites. It’s always the ‘down’ part of the flight that gets you. For whatever reason the chute didn’t come out all the way and it came in hot. Kinda sad, but it looks salvageable. Those fins are TOUGH! Honeycomb Nomex with carbon fiber. It went up great on an AT G76 green...
EDA74362-4FC7-4BEE-8120-96BBC4F8A257.jpeg
16B80F36-F19C-4C14-B5E9-A67E72BE4B28.jpegA3C9D061-C283-4223-8777-6972064D7578.jpeg

Looks salvageable!! I really wanted to see your Red Max go, as my brother had the Estes one way back when. It’s on my list, either as a retro, or upscale build.

Oooof. When I read your post, I expected to see damaged fins, but in the photos they look fine! If the only damage was some rumpled body tube, that's pretty good.

That last photo.........I have to ask......home heating, or cooking copious amounts of meat????(repair is looking great, btw)

That last photo.........I have to ask......home heating, or cooking copious amounts of meat????(repair is looking great, btw)
The wood pellets? We have a pellet stove we use for supplemental heat in the winter. I usually buy a couple of tons of pellets and stack the bags in my shop. As matter of fact, it’s about time to stock up for this coming winter.

I didn’t have a match in all the paint cans I have, so this is the current state. Haven’t decided if I like it.....but it’s functional. Don’t feel like repainting the whole thing.

3C6BA630-587E-49FF-87EC-14318E6C63DA.jpeg

Back