GO ROSCO May Launch in Dalzell - DATE CHANGE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Due to predicted rain, we will postpone this weekend’s launch. We will move the launch to May 20-21, 2023, hoping for better weather. Various weather apps/websites show that the chance of rain is between 60-97% for Saturday with 0.23-0.94-inch accumulation and 90+% cloud cover. Using the predicted forecast, we can estimate that the cloud base would be around 2,500-3,000 feet maximum.

We understand many of you feel that Wednesday is too early to decide. A condition of our FAA waiver is that we have to get clearance from Shaw Air Force Base on the Wednesday before our launch weekends.

Got it. See you in 2 weeks. Have just a couple on commercial motors.

Unfortunately, we have to make the call on Wednesday.

I plan to bring some of my gliders, do you have a 3/16” rod that goes out on the high power area? Just out of precaution. Because all of the non-rails were at the front.

I also plan for my L1, but you said there are always people there ready to help certify the flight.

I plan to bring some of my gliders, do you have a 3/16” rod that goes out on the high power area? Just out of precaution. Because all of the non-rails were at the front.
We can always bring a 3/16" rod to the HPR pads. I know the X pads will grab one, possibly some of the others too.

We are curtailing the launch to just Saturday so there will be no rockets flown on 21 May 2023.

I saw there was a photographer out there on Saturday, and he said something about he posts the pictures on some website. I wish I could remember his name, but does anyone know what website that would be?
Thanks.

I saw there was a photographer out there on Saturday, and he said something about he posts the pictures on some website. I wish I could remember his name, but does anyone know what website that would be?
Thanks.
Wes Munn is the usual photographer and he posts in the Rocketry South Carolina Facebook Group. You can see the album from Saturday here:

Thanks.
It's usually Wes Munn and he puts up lots of photos on Facebook

Wes Munn is the usual photographer and he posts in the Rocketry South Carolina Facebook Group. You can see the album from Saturday here:

Wes Munn is a great guy! Cant thank him enough for taking time to photograph the launches! I will defiantly slip him a couple bucks next time. Looks like with personal scheduling, we will make July launch.

I posted video from the launch.
I didn't get much data but what I have

Low cloud cover, no contrast between sky and delay smoke so not much past boost.
No PA system so not much info on flights.
No personal flights, clouds too low for what I brought.

130334 01 Duane Thompson's rockt on F52 Boost
130454 02 Unknown on H550 Boost
130620 03 Unknown on I357 Boost and on chute
142119 04 Unknown on E16 Part of boost
142321 05 Gliders on D12 Through ejection
144333 06 Big Daddy on E12 Boost
144449 07 I200 boost for L1 Boost
144621 08 Recovery success!
150850 09 Unknown from pad A5 Boost
151046 10 4" Goblin on a fast jack motor Boost
151204 11 Paul Kramer's rocket on 4 bG7788s
153809 12 3 Big Daddy drag race Boost 1 through chute