ROSCO Launch Oct 9-10

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketmaniac

Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, it's time for O-burg's monthly launch. This month it will be a ROSCO launch.

At the current time (fri 5:00am) the weatherman is calling for "Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph."

I will be there for at least Saturday. I'll see about Sunday, as I have a essay due for English on Monday and a Biology Mid-term on Wednesday.!!!!

I won't be there, back in Louisiana. There is a TRA-LA launch in 2 weeks so I brought rockets :D

I went on Saturday and had a great time!!! We had a lot of new people. ROSCO launches have grown three-fold in the last year....... (I wish I were there now, but I have to study :( )

I have some pics, but I spent a good bit of time prepping my V-2 (two flights) and doing some LCO duty.

Here a pic of the Derr Max (spelling?) in 3 different sizes....

Here's a pic of some V-2s. Yes, that is mine on the left!!! Not only was the one on the right 3 times bigger, it was 3 times better paint job!!!

Here's a pic of a LOC Expeditor ready for flight. The was this guys Level 1 flight. I forget the motor, maybe a H128???

Here's a close-up of a guys rocket. This is how he arms his altimeter. Pretty cool.....

Now talk about a Saturn V....... This baby was totally scratch build and was put up on a "L" motor....... I think they said it weighted 46 lbs????

And the Saturn V taking off...... it sat on the pad for 5-10, motor very slowly burning, trying to get up to pressure....... Once in the air it was not as stable as you would want it. Someone said they thought it was because it had burned fuel on the ground......Anyway it landed in pretty good shape....

A pic of another large rocket...... This was a level 2 cert flight........ I think we had 5 or 6 cert flights!!!!!! All but one made it......

And last pic I have...... my V-2 about ready to launch. This was it's second flight of the day. The first was on a G40-7. Second flight was on a H50-10....... both were great flights...... I will try a H128 or something around that next launch.....

Just got `back. Launched my Mustang yesterday. Today, we launched an Arreaux(F40), a Stormcaster(F21), Praetor(B6), and the MachDuster(F21). Let me just say, that machduster and stormcaster flew like a bat out of hell. And Connor, wasnt that your fat boy that went horizontal on the three D's. That thing went FAST.

Well, we launched our prototype Mach Duster for the first time. OK flight...it spun about 50 times and went outta sight to about 3400 on an F21. But, the tube is the wrong size and we have decided to turn the Mach Duster from a minimum diameter 24mm to a minimum diameter 29mm :D . We are getting the tubes soon and as soon as we get it tested then we will send out the beta tests to those who won the raffle. They will get more then they though...:D :D Hope you guys have a big enough field. BTW, these are the pictures that I TRYED to get at ROSCO...I have the picture phone that you can take 2 pictures in less then a SECOND. Now..this is after 5.4.3.2.1...

Sorry for the crappy resolution (it is a phone, what can ya expect?)...Here is about .5 seconds after the last photo...it is already cleared the photo...it is soooooo hard to capture.:eek:

Back