Ron Popeil has died. but wait, there's more

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
Ron Popeil, the quintessential TV pitchman and inventor known to generations of viewers for hawking products including the Veg-O-Matic, the Pocket Fisherman, Mr. Microphone and the Showtime Rotisserie and BBQ, has died, his family said.

Many of those things he promoted seemed gimmicky, but were also quite practical in many cases.
He also allegedly made a fortune hawking them.

Are you guys kiddin me. I had a pocket fisherman as a kid. It was GREAT.

I found a pocket fisherman from the 70s or 80s in my great-grandfather's barn and used it all the time as a kid. It was perfect for fishing off the dock or out of the canoe. I have a Dock Runner now for the same purpose, but I have fond memories of fighting bluegill with the pocket fisherman.

I thought that thread title was "done in one!" but you guys have stepped up admirably! My mother was gifting those rotisseries to all her friends at one time in the late 90's! R.I.P. master pitchman!

I once saw some little 6 year old girl catch like a 3# trout with a Pocket Fisherman. It wasn't totally lame...

Back