Roll Wrapped Carbon Tubes- Plain Weave

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REK

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello TRF members,

I have about 8 yards (not certain so don't go against me on this) of plain weave carbon fabric that I would like to turn into a couple of roll wrapped tubes. Roll wrapped tubes in my opinion are by far the best. If you are wondering why I did filament wound tubes, it is because the machine does majority of the work and not me. The roll wrapped tubes will be hand rolled by me and because of this, I hope you understand that I want a bit more for these tubes. It is a labor intensive process to make these. The finish on the tubes will have the spiral lines from the heat shrink tape that I use to consolidate the tube for an even greater quality tube. Resin will be a 250F Tg.

Please PM me if you are interested in some of these tubes. Here is my price list, max length, diameter and wall thickness ( you decided- thin wall will be $20 less).

98mm- 60" long- $200
75mm- 60" long- $175
54mm- 60" long- $150
38mm- 48" long- $100

Please note guys that these mandrels are the only ones that I have at the moment and custom sizes are only do-able if the provided mandrel is aluminum and turned down.

I would also like to point out guys that I am currently with a broken foot and will heal in about 3 more weeks. If your project is in no real rush that works for me. I am advertising this now in case anyone might be interested.

As always, I thank you for your support.

I wanted to show off a beautiful 98mm in thin wall I did for a customer of mine.

82C0ECBE-367B-4819-8B1F-4AF156DB2887.jpeg

Roll wrapped tubes are just cool and they are very strong.

I am now back on my feet and doing my best to make tubes like these for you guys.

I have several roll wrapped tubes from a few years back. Absolutely beautfiful tubes. I'll be going for the K altitude single stage record using one of your tubes this summer hopefully if I can make a launch with appropriate waiver.

Back