ROL auction of Roachwerks LJII kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief!

It looks like just 2 guys bidding against each other.

Over $300 now.....

Shouldn't I get some sort of royalty or something for that???

sandman

Ya know, I never have understood what's the point of "Sniper Guard." I've won auctions and lost auctions in the last seconds ... I kinda figured that was just the way it works.

Sniper Guard is a built-in feature that prevents people from waiting until the last minute to make a bid just to win an auction.

Isn't that kind of the whole point of having an auction? Proxy bidding ensures, if you are willing to bid up to a max figure, you don't get outbid ... then, if you get outbid, well, tough tooties. :p

Originally posted by sandman
Shouldn't I get some sort of royalty or something for that???

sandman

I don't understand this. These were limited kits and somebody bought one only to turn it and sell it? Man, that's cold. I think I'd be putting the finishing touchs on the old ***t list.

Originally posted by JStarStar

Isn't that kind of the whole point of having an auction? Proxy bidding ensures, if you are willing to bid up to a max figure, you don't get outbid ... then, if you get outbid, well, tough tooties. :p

A real live auction continues until noone is willing to bid higher. I believe the intent of snipergaurd is to make it more like that.

I like the concept, but have not actually seen it work.

Latest posts

Back