Rokitflite U.S.S. Odyssey Is Back In Stock!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokitflite

Reaction score
Finally! After almost 2 years out in deep space, the Rokitflite U.S.S. Odyssey is back in stock (a dozen of them at least). Due to the fact that I had to pay a little extra for a few of the parts, the price on the kit has crept up a couple of bucks to $42 (I don’t think 5% in 2 years is too bad though). And single kit shipping is now $7.25 with each additional kit being $2. For those of you unfamiliar with the model, here she is…

Kit features include:

Precut Tubes
Laser Cut HARD 3/32” Balsa Fins
Kevlar And Elastic Shock Cord Set Up
Pre Cut Red 18” Plastic Parachute & Shroud Lines
CD PDF Instructions With TONS Of Photographs
Full Color Packaging (Hey, I’m A Collector, I Like That!)
4 Nose Cones
Plastic & Resin Cast Parts
Full Color Water-Slide Decal Sheet

Kit length: 36.5”
Fin span: 9.75”
Diameter: .980”/.736”
Approx finished weight: 3.5-3.8 oz without motor
Motor requirements: B4-2 (if built light), B6-2 (first flight), C6-3
1970s-80s Skill Level: 3
Nowadays Skill Level: 4

Price: $42

Shipping for 1 kit via USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the U.S. is $7.25. Please add $2 for each additional kit.

Payment methods accepted:
Paypal to [email protected] (ships immediately), USPS Money Order (ships immediately), Personal Check (Must wait 10 days to clear), Estes Original Trident

Please email me at [email protected] with any inquiries.

For more information about this kit visit this thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18036

ss4odyssey.jpg

Originally posted by rokitflite

:D :D :D

I dig it... I've read many references to it and never seen it. I hope you keep em available this time while I wait on some more wedding bookings!

I bet those dozen kits will go fast.
Scott your going to have to make more. ;)
This is one great kit. :)
That drag race was real fun. :D

Originally posted by Daniel Runyon
:D :D :D

I dig it... I've read many references to it and never seen it. I hope you keep em available this time while I wait on some more wedding bookings!
Daniel, just search on the word Odyssey and the member name rokitflite, you'll find pictures and build threads galore!

I was lucky enough that Scott asked me to be a beta builder for the Odyssey, and I have to say that the Odyssey is the most difficult build I've ever done. I think it's also the best build and the best finished (fill/prime/paint/decal) kit I've ever done. It was really worth the effort.

Read in the voice of Eric Cartman... "Ah love you gazz" (I love you guys):D

Originally posted by billEblurzz
DETAILS GALORE!!!:)

Awwww MAN that's an awesome lookin rocket... I definitely see why it's been name dropped so many times... super nice vision you had there Scott! And you did an amazing job of building it BillEblurzz!

Box me up one!! Just sent the moolah via PayPal! :) Am pretty sure it went thru still 'waiting' on the confirmation page to load...grrrrr..The wonderful 'world wide wait'!:kill: Did click on the 'send' button..Aint gonna click again and go thru the hassle of sorting out a double charge...lol.

Can't wait for it to get here! Hopefully I wont trip over it like I almost did when the Fake Wolf was delivered on my doorstep! :)

EDIT: Just got the confirmation! Funds went thru! :) Knew they would, just took FOREVER to load the page..lol

Originally posted by rokitflite
Finally! After almost 2 years out in deep space, the Rokitflite U.S.S. Odyssey is back in stock (a dozen of them at least). Due to the fact that I had to pay a little extra for a few of the parts, the price on the kit has crept up a couple of bucks to $42 (I don’t think 5% in 2 years is too bad though). And single kit shipping is now $7.25 with each additional kit being $2. For those of you unfamiliar with the model, here she is…

Kit features include:

Precut Tubes
Laser Cut HARD 3/32” Balsa Fins
Kevlar And Elastic Shock Cord Set Up
Pre Cut Red 18” Plastic Parachute & Shroud Lines
CD PDF Instructions With TONS Of Photographs
Full Color Packaging (Hey, I’m A Collector, I Like That!)
4 Nose Cones
Plastic & Resin Cast Parts
Full Color Water-Slide Decal Sheet

Kit length: 36.5”
Fin span: 9.75”
Diameter: .980”/.736”
Approx finished weight: 3.5-3.8 oz without motor
Motor requirements: B4-2 (if built light), B6-2 (first flight), C6-3

Price: $42

Shipping for 1 kit via USPS Priority Mail anywhere in the U.S. is $7.25. Please add $2 for each additional kit.

Payment methods accepted:
Paypal to [email protected] (ships immediately), USPS Money Order (ships immediately), Personal Check (Must wait 10 days to clear), Estes Original Trident

Please email me at [email protected] with any inquiries.

For more information about this kit visit this thread:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18036

Will you be at NSL and/or dealing there? That might get me out of a shipping charge...

Well, I almost did it again! :D Went to go get the mail and dang blang it there is a box on my doorstep I almost trip over!

I wonder what this could be?!?!?

So I take it inside and carefully cut the tape and open the box:

A bunch of bubble wrap and a note! :)

Now I feel like I did as a kid on Christmas opening a package I KNEW what it was, but still exciting as heck!

The Odyssey front!

And the back.LOTS of parts!!!

And LOTS of parts!!!:eek: Can see now how it is a Skill Level 4 :) Will truelly stretch my building skills..Hope I am up to it..Patience, patience...lol

Awesome! Thanks heaps Scott! I am so looking forward to building this magnificent rocket! But, I do have a couple projects in front of it..But, should get to it soon! :)

And if requested will do a build thread :)

I got my Odyssey and my Fake-Wulf today. :D Both arrived safe and sound.

Back