Roket Card Glue

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by brothersquint, Feb 13, 2020.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 13, 2020 #1

brothersquint

brothersquint

brothersquint

Came across Rocket Card Glue in my local hobby shop. YouTube videos make it look like a miracle-worker. Anybody out there actually use it? How did it work for you?

2. Feb 13, 2020 #2

Mugs914

Mugs914

Mugs914

"Get sumthin real nice for yourself too, Clark..."

Hadn't ever heard of it until your post, but after watching the vid I'm wanting to try it.

Vid here:

3. Feb 13, 2020 #3

samb

samb

samb

Lifetime Member

Deluxe Materials products are imported from the U.K. I've seen the label at Hobby Lobby but I don't remember if it was card glue or something else. https://deluxematerials.co.uk/

4. Feb 13, 2020 #4

jqavins

jqavins

jqavins

Joseph Avins TRF Supporter

Intriguing. The video has a bit of the feel of informercial exaggerated claims, still one can't knock the stuff without evidence. I have never heard the term "card glue" before. It's obvious that they're referring to card stock or cardboard, and figured it must be one of those British terms that Americans largely don't know. So I googled it, and the term doesn't come up except for this product.

Reviews on Amazon are generally positive, averaging four stars, but with only eight reviews. They do make it clear that the stuff is thin and runny, which surprised a few of the reviewers and is a drawback for what they were trying to do; it could be good or bad depending on one's purpose and expectation.

I do wonder what the chemistry is. It sounds a lot like CA until they say that it's water based. And I also wonder about it's strength, and the bond strength to non-porous materials, in comparison to CA, white glue, wood glue, and others.

5. Feb 15, 2020 at 1:54 PM #5

nosecone

nosecone

nosecone

Very interesting. I like the applicator nozzle thing. I ordered a bottle. 20200215_085358.jpg

6. Feb 17, 2020 at 7:43 PM #6

jqavins

jqavins

jqavins

Joseph Avins TRF Supporter

Please be sure to give a report.