ROCstock at Lucerne

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffgeraci

Reaction score
Well, SOMEBODY had to start a thread for it! Just wanted to know who's going, what you're bringing, and if you have any cool night launchers. I'm only bringing 3: my edible HPR, my virus, and Crimson Scourge. I plan to relax and ENJOY the launch this time, maybe take a few hundred pictures and videos. Come on people, let's hear from you.

I'm planning on going up for the day on Saturday. If things work out, maybe I'll go up Friday afternoon and camp out, or camp out from Saturday to Sunday. I've been to one launch in 2+ years, and probably won't have much money $$$ to burn, but I gotta launch something.

I'll be there I hope all three days...
Bringing Dagger 38, Astrobee D (new), AT IQSY Tomahawk (new), Myzztic (New), various others I've flown at roc launches. Hope to get in about 8 to 12 flights.

I wanna know how the Edible Rocket tasted...

Please take pics of this launch for the thread. Truly a scratch build.

For the 6" version you can get Kelloggs,Kraft Marshmellows,Domino Sugar and Keebler to sponsor it.

Well, SOMEBODY had to start a thread for it! Just wanted to know who's going, what you're bringing, and if you have any cool night launchers. I'm only bringing 3: my edible HPR, my virus, and Crimson Scourge. I plan to relax and ENJOY the launch this time, maybe take a few hundred pictures and videos. Come on people, let's hear from you.

Wow, I hope you are not camped out by me since you are bringing the scourge and viruses!!

...Fudd

I'm flying down for Saturday and looking forward to my first ROC launch! Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you all there!

I'll be there I hope all three days...
Bringing Dagger 38, Astrobee D (new), AT IQSY Tomahawk (new), Myzztic (New), various others I've flown at roc launches. Hope to get in about 8 to 12 flights.

Did you finish the Astrobee?

Did you finish the Astrobee?

Almost. Needs rail buttons and a dusting of satin clear (if it does not mess up the paint!!!). Pictures this weekend. But understand it's SEMI scale... More "Astrobee'ish" not Astrobee. Now that I have data, the next one will be different.

butalane said:
I'm flying down for Saturday and looking forward to my first ROC launch! Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you all there!

Oh hells yes. I have some fortune cookies for you to take to Hinkelman on your return trip :D

Does that mean you'll be there? Perhaps I will come a little earlier and stay over Friday night.

One of them better say "IDP is a real plastisizer"

I don't think I'll be launching much (I do have an H400 I need to burn), but I will be RSOing, so if you have your real name on the forum, I'll definitely notice you at some point next weekend.

Let's Burn some APCP!

I will be there,

I will probably do the typical... bring WAY more rockets than I can ever fly. spend lots of time saying hello to people, fly a few rockets.. break a couple and get some sunburn..
So it should be an awesome weekend.

I do plan on flying "The Galactic Groove" I ordered a 75mm 3 grain Skid for it..

I flew it at Mile High Mayhem to 10562' (a personal record woo hoo) I figure on the skid it should do 8.5 to 9 thousand feet.

I also have a leopard skin lampshade to fly (again) and two new Mad Cow Kits to show off and fly! thanks Mike!!

I will be there,

I will probably do the typical... bring WAY more rockets than I can ever fly. spend lots of time saying hello to people, fly a few rockets.. break a couple and get some sunburn..
So it should be an awesome weekend.

I do plan on flying "The Galactic Groove" I ordered a 75mm 3 grain Skid for it..

I flew it at Mile High Mayhem to 10562' (a personal record woo hoo) I figure on the skid it should do 8.5 to 9 thousand feet.

I also have a leopard skin lampshade to fly (again) and two new Mad Cow Kits to show off and fly! thanks Mike!!

What he said, except for the 75mm motor and the other one, and the sunburn part, and...... oh you get the point. I wonder how many "D" motors I need to burn to equal am "M"............

What is the waiver?

See below from their website https://rocstock.org/rocstock/

Important FAA Waiver and Motor Info!

The FAA does control the airspace above our launch site, and has granted ROC a waiver to fly up to 10,000′ MSL (feet above mean sea level), or approximately 7,000 feet AGL (above ground level). We are also able to request higher altitude windows, of up to 22,000′ MSL, or approximately 19,000′ AGL.

What he said, except for the 75mm motor and the other one, and the sunburn part, and...... oh you get the point. I wonder how many "D" motors I need to burn to equal am "M"............

I am hoping to double my Total Ns YTD. If I do that, I'll be happy. I have enough H's and I's that it should be doable. If not, I'll try to beg or borrow a 1080 AT casing and use the J570 I've had forever (with no casing for it).
That and launch and get back my Myzztic.

I am hoping to double my Total Ns YTD. If I do that, I'll be happy. I have enough H's and I's that it should be doable. If not, I'll try to beg or borrow a 1080 AT casing and use the J570 I've had forever (with no casing for it).

You can borrow the casing from Jack at What's Up Hobbies.... you just leave your Drivers License.......

Ya know, due to family issues all of May was a no launch. Right about now, I don't care if I shovel recover everything. I'd just like to launch something ;)

Ok ok not shovel recovery. But you get my drift.

There is a possibility KenRico and I mite be able to show Sunday. It would be an honour to meet some of you folks in person. Kudos go out to my SD-TRA buddies for mile and a half recovery walks in 100f+ heat at Plaster yesterday. I hope it's cooler up there.

There is a possibility KenRico and I mite be able to show Sunday. It would be an honour to meet some of you folks in person. Kudos go out to my SD-TRA buddies for mile and a half recovery walks in 100f+ heat at Plaster yesterday. I hope it's cooler up there.

Plaster is as close to hell as you can go and fly rockets.. nice place though..

What I have seen so far for rocstock.. 85 high 10 to 15 MPH winds and 0% chance of rain.. So it should be golden.

Thx-Mark! I can do 85 and recover, but yesterday was just brutal-no way was I going to 6200 ft and one chap went 10k and deployed his main at 800' and still had a hell of recovery-I think thermals had to do with that. Hopefully I will see you there.

Plaster is 2 or 3 days every month yes? Really want to go there for a weekend in the fall/ winter. Never been. It a good 3 hr drive

I'v got the case you can borrow also, but I won't be doubling my Ns for sure!

I will be there all three days.

Just look for a 25ft tall flagpole with a pointy thing on top. That will be me! :)

Hopefully L2 Saturday morning with my Mega Mean Machine on a K740C* then a night flight of it on the second K740C* (I think I have two, if not, a 6grain skid will have to do)

I have an L851W I'd like to do, or just hangout and fly something smaller on Sunday.

Be sure to say hi and remind me your handle.

Last edited:
Plaster is 2 or 3 days every month yes? Really want to go there for a weekend in the fall/ winter. Never been. It a good 3 hr drive
Jeff- yes it's the first weekend of the month and we can open the waiver on Friday. Usually the range is set up Sat morn when most of the fliers are going to be there for the whole gamut A-M's. We also have Sunday avail usually just for testing K's and smaller stuff. We can arrange an away pad if you're going L/M's. We also do night flites, but not much participation this year in that area. Hope you can get to see the transit of Venus-I'll see if I can post a pic here. Sorry-no ccd eyepiece adapter so stills only. Long nite! C'mon down for Plaster Blaster! BTW- we're shut down until Oct unless I fire up the waiver for Sept. (most likely) Contact Paul at SD-TRA or me if you need any more info.

Last edited:
I'm going back-and-forth on whether I'll go or not. I really want to go but am worried about paying for the gas - it's a 100 mile, 2-hour drive from where I live. Not an inconsequential consideration for us, what with me only getting SSDI. Kind of makes having any spending cash a bit tough as well. Another concern is my wife most likely wouldn't be up to the trip. She has to drive into LA for work on Fridays (normally works from home) and usually doesn't get back home until 9PM or later. Asking her to be onthe road at 6AM the next day is just not on. If the weather is what it looks like it will be then it won't be a factor, but if it's going to be much warmer then I have to think really hard as it is a serious factor for my health.

Right now I'm leaning to not going...but darn it, I really, really want to go!

Oh no go launch rockets on friday or go to kings stanley cup parade what would you do?

Back