ROCStock, April 7-9, 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me. Even went to the Dr's today to get me something so I can at least make Saturday. No camping, but maybe a night launch. At least I'll catch up with a few buds. Very wierd bunch of test flights. Nothing big or high, recovery is still a problem

I'm planning Saturday morning. Can bring as many as 4 LPRs, but that's pushing it due to airline travel. Don't have motors on hand in CA bigger than D12-7. Trying to decide whether to take the silly little things and pay to launch, or go on a non-ROC weekend some other time.

Would it be reasonable to expect Discount Rocketry to have LPR motors available for walk-up sales at the site?

Would it be reasonable to expect Discount Rocketry to have LPR motors available for walk-up sales at the site?
If you're not on roc-chat, you should be, it's a better source of information.

According to that, both Discount and AMW will be present at this launch.

I'm planning Saturday morning. Can bring as many as 4 LPRs, but that's pushing it due to airline travel. Don't have motors on hand in CA bigger than D12-7. Trying to decide whether to take the silly little things and pay to launch, or go on a non-ROC weekend some other time.

Screenshot_20230405_113616_Facebook.jpg

I will be attending.

@DabCat enlisted me for a project a while back that may finally see the light of day. I’m also bringing an Estes RTF rocket for both day and night flights (hopefully Discount has enough blinkies on hand) and I might even spring for F-powered flights in my Star Orbiter.

I’ll definitely bring my L1 project to at least show off, although at this point it’s nowhere near ready to fly.

I may conduct further flights of opportunity, but those are the ones that come to mind for me. If I’m not flying I’ll be visiting around or volunteering at the LCO table.

Ruby has informed me they will arrive Friday evening with a fully stocked trailer. I intend to be up there Saturday for some of the day. Really down with an aggravated sinus infection and feel like hell. Maybe I can crawl out and get at least one racked up.

I will be attending.

@DabCat enlisted me for a project a while back that may finally see the light of day. I’m also bringing an Estes RTF rocket for both day and night flights (hopefully Discount has enough blinkies on hand) and I might even spring for F-powered flights in my Star Orbiter.

I’ll definitely bring my L1 project to at least show off, although at this point it’s nowhere near ready to fly.

I may conduct further flights of opportunity, but those are the ones that come to mind for me. If I’m not flying I’ll be visiting around or volunteering at the LCO table.
Shane, tell dabcat I'll have his cez drill on Sat if he still wants it. Not camping this time. Been seriously under the weather last two weeks, but not dead yet, just feels like it.

Shane, tell dabcat I'll have his cez drill on Sat if he still wants it. Not camping this time. Been seriously under the weather last two weeks, but not dead yet, just feels like it.
Unfortunate that you're under the weather. Hope you get better quickly. About the delay drill, I am still interested. I sent you an email a while back, but not sure if you got it or not.

Unfortunate that you're under the weather. Hope you get better quickly. About the delay drill, I am still interested. I sent you an email a while back, but not sure if you got it or not.
Cat, think I saw it, pretty busy at that time. Sorry if I didn't reply. C u Sat?

Oh boy! I'M gonna have Robert autograph a pico alt for me. Outta be fun with a real fine line pen, eh? JK, flying it for the first time in years. Just because.
Major mojo to Gloria, as always. Donate or buy something to help out. She is a fighter.

They usually do when I've dropped by their trailer

Due to logistics and the fact the 5th Armoured Division of my wife won the fire fight, not flying or bringing rockets. Am bringing son so we get to hang out on old stomping grounds for a bit on Sat. Can't even smell the smoke, dammutt! Wearing Air Force blue overalls with a face mask. Not contagious, just sinus infection. Ears and nose plugged. Tackle me and say Hi! (Loudly-lol). Weather looks perfect, straight smoke and good chutes to all you Steely-eyed Missile Men (and Women) Hope to see you all there.

I had to bow out late Saturday morning. Sorry I didn’t get to visit with you, Dave.

My plan is to return no earlier than October or November. Construction made the southbound 15 HORRIBLE around Escondido and the job is expected to be complete around then. In the meantime I’ll try to get out to Holtville.

If I do ROCStock in November, I don’t really want to wait for Discount to show up again, so I’ll likely plan to show up late Friday afternoon (so I can make camp in daylight) and begin flying on Saturday.

I loved the April conditions, much more pleasant than LDRS last year.

I had to bow out late Saturday morning. Sorry I didn’t get to visit with you, Dave.

My plan is to return no earlier than October or November. Construction made the southbound 15 HORRIBLE around Escondido and the job is expected to be complete around then. In the meantime I’ll try to get out to Holtville.

If I do ROCStock in November, I don’t really want to wait for Discount to show up again, so I’ll likely plan to show up late Friday afternoon (so I can make camp in daylight) and begin flying on Saturday.

I loved the April conditions, much more pleasant than LDRS last year.
Shane, I was hoping you weren't there and just missed you. It was lightly attended, prolly due to the Easter weekend. My son took a break from Hollywood (rare for him) and came down to visit. He drove us up there from Harrah's and it was an ordeal. I was only there about 3 hours and one of those was just sitting and shooting the breeze with Mike #2 from MadCow and his son. Hooked up with AMW Robert, but Gloria had an appt. and couldn't come out. Gary and I caught up, paid my dues to make sure I go in Oct. My bud in LA wants to drag race for L2 certs, as we both took time out for life. Planning on same birds and motors. Ought to be a good Rocstock in Oct. Camping included. I did look for you. I just bailed 'cuz I felt so crappy. I shoulda stocked up on motors, but head was too fuzzy. I'm gonna do Dart ASAP for a wierd bit of testing. Balsa birds are HARD! C u there.. -dave-

After all the rain SoCal has received recently what was the condition of the surface? Was there much standing water, was the ground too soft to drive on in areas, etc?

After all the rain SoCal has received recently what was the condition of the surface? Was there much standing water, was the ground too soft to drive on in areas, etc?
It was plenty dry. The ruts on the very edges of the lakebed near the bushes had some water, but I'm referring to the ones you're rarely actually near. That was about it. I did notice that it was a bit softer than usual, but no issues recovering.

Latest posts

Back