Rocsim type question...???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steward

Reaction score

First of all...I only have the "demo version" of rocsim...

I'm looking for a file for the Binder Design "EXCEL Jr"

If I find and download such file...will I be able to use and hopefully learn from it? Specfically...engine sizes and altitude predictions...I'll be purchasing said rocket in the next few weeks...!!!

Be truthfull...I can take it....LOL

Yep. It'll prove invaluable. You can download the file and open and run sims on it, but you can't save changes to it (you can make changes, but you'll have to make the same changes every time you open the file). Also, the only way you'll be able to print anything is to do screen captures.

If you're doing a kit like this though and you don't mod it too much, the demo version will get you exactly what you need.

Thanks...for the help!!!

Still unable to find the file....Binder says 'EMRR"....but I can't find one...Anyone have one by chance....This is my first experience with MPR, and really want to do it...know it...inside out...!!!

THANKS again!!! ROCKETRYFOURM rocks...!!!

There are several Binder Excel files on EMRR but none are for the Excel Jr with a 29mm motor mount. I could create a RockSim version 5 file that will open in the demo version if you send me the design details like: nose cone length, body tube length and diameter, fin span. root and tip cord length, launch lug size, and location, parachute size, shock cord length and thickness, bulk head thicknesses and locations, motor tube length and etc. The more details you provide me, the better the simulation I can provide.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Thanks....but that's the problem...I don't have the kit yet...

I was hoping to get ahold of a file that would give me all of that info...To study and simulate while waiting on the kit to arrive...

maybe just a little nervous about moving up in power...

Thanks anyway...unless maybe some one has that info...like assembly instruction or the like???

I made this RockSim version 5 file for the Binder Design Excel Jr. 29mm from the 38mm RockSim file. It is much more detailed the others posted to EMRR. I wasn't sure of diameter of the launch rod it uses so I gave it a 3/16 inch diameter launch lug.

Enjoy,

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Thank you Mr. Levison...!!!

Hopefully my son (9yrs) and I can use this to help understand this(his) rocket...as well as help us learn using ROCSIM...

Certainly keep us busy while waiting for the kit...!!!

Thanks again......

Back