RocSim fin file needed (again)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can put together another rocsim file so I can get some fins laser cut again. (I can't do it with my demo version)

(Bruce?? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :cool: )

The rest of the rocket is irrelevant, but here's what I need as far as fins go.

Design with 6 fins.

In (x,y) format, here are the free form layout fin points

(0.0, 0.0), (6.825, 3.825), (9.75,3.825), (10.625, 0.825), (10.0, 0.0)

Thanks a bunch - you guys have been a big help with this in the past.

ya know, maybe you ought to just go ahead & buy a copy of rocksim. I know $100 seems like a lot but it really isn't, people pay a lot more than that for software that doesn't do as much. frankly rocksim has been the best $100 I've spent in a long time. I use it all the time - seems like every day! I have definitely gotten more than my $100 out of it. what's $100 anyways, a couple J reloads, a modest supply of parts, not even an altimeter!

Fair enough, cls -

It's on my Christmas list. If Santa doesn't come through, I'll buy it.

Thanks, seo!

I'll trust its accuracy because I can't open the file with my demo version.

Forecheck-

I went back and double checked since you can't open it, I had my snap to grid set to 0.05. So it rounded a few of your dimensions. I don't think it will make much of a difference, but i corrected and here is the new version.

Scott

Something else you might want to consider, is getting a CHEAP copy of Turbocad off eBay (you can find it for $15 and sometimes less) and emailing the files to BMS. They take anything up to Turbocad 7 (I have TC8 but can save as TC7 format, I dunno about TC9 though. But you can find older versions even cheaper anyway).

You can also do custom centering rings, motor mounts, yada yada yada.

Here is the RockSim version 5 file that you can open with the demo version of the software and check the dimmensions before you send it off to BMS.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

Thanks everyone!

Y'all are great.

Now, to see if I want to spend the bucks to have them laser cut out of 1/8 inch 5-ply birch..........

Back