Rocky Mountain Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkABrown

Reaction score
Anyone been in touch with Rocky Mountain Rocketry lately? I faxed an order to them on November 17 and never even got an order confirmation email. I then emailed them on November 30 to find out if they got it and I still haven't gotten a response. I also saw that somebody on the ROL forums is having the same problem with them. Does anybody know what's going on?

They've always been really bad about checking their email. Give them a call. The numbers on the website are their home phone numbers, so make sure you call after around 5:30 Mountain time or you'll get the machine. Dave was incredibly helpful to me when discussing my L1 project and the zipperless design, but I distinctly get the impression that Ron is the businessman of the two, so I'd try him (I think his is the first number). I got the impression that they're mainly there to supply their local club and that if you're not from the local club, your order doesn't take precedence. That being said, they're nice, helpful, and if you can pin them to a ship date, they're okay to do business with. Not to mention fantastic prices on flexible phenolic. :D

I tried to contact Rocky Mountian Rocketry @ 1:00pm today,left a message at the first phone number. The machine said that it was David. I didn't get a return call. So that made me feel like maybe this is a part time buisness. Don't get me wrong they probably are great guy's,but I just spent the better part of five months wondering what happened to the $165.00 I sent to a Canadian entomology company in Quebec. He would not answer my e-mail's or my phone calls (You can read about my experience @www.insectnet.com Click on Forum,then Trading Reports,under the headline"Insectes Mondiaux:Warning").
After going thru this, My advise is- Stick with a reputable company like Magnum. You may pay a little more, but when something goes wrong there is no substitute for good customer service!

- John Fernandez
Denver,CO.

Okay, the 2nd number then. Oops! :(

Again, I'd recommend calling in the evening. I had a doozy of a time getting them to return calls as well, but once I got a live person in the evening, my order shipped within a couple of days.

I think you're right in that it's a part time business for these guys. Most rocketry companies are these days (with the exception of Magnum and a few others). I can only speak from my own personal experience, but while mildly put off at the lack of email response and return calls, I was totally satisfied after getting to speak with them in person. In fact, during the conversation, they were able to describe the items in my order that I did and did not need and helped reduce my costs (even told me i could get my rail buttons cheaper from railbuttons.com, but i ordered 'em from rmr anyway while i was there).

The only reason that I went with Rocky Mountain Rocketry in the first place was that they advertise their 4" phenolic couplers in 8" lengths. This is the perfect size for my repairs to the 4X upscale Razor. I tried calling once a few months ago and always got the machine. These calls were after 8:30pm eastern. I guess I'll try to give them another call but, it's not my preferred way of doing business. I like the convenience of email and they certainly should have responded to a faxed order that included credit card information!

Back