Rocksim v9.0- Creating a Rounded Fin?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmome

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I apparently created a rounded fin in Rocksim for a rocket I'm making, but I accidentally deleted the Rocksim file. I've recreated the rocket in Rocksim, but I can't figure out how to re-make the rounded fin in Rocksim. Would appreciate some guidance.

Rocket Fin.jpg

Mike Momenee
TRA#12430 L3

I do OR rather than RS, but isn't this simply an elliptical finset w/ 7" root, 8" span, 1.5" tab, & .25" thickness?

It is what you describe. However, Rocksim doesn't allow for an elliptical fin choice. But Rocksim does have a "chamfer radius" button. I re-read the definition of that option, and it is the method to round the sharp edges of a fin design. I still don't remember using it before, but apparently I must have.

Thank you- your response made me go back to Rocksim and check the definitions of all the buttons within the fin design mode.

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

It is what you describe. However, Rocksim doesn't allow for an elliptical fin choice. But Rocksim does have a "chamfer radius" button. I re-read the definition of that option, and it is the method to round the sharp edges of a fin design. I still don't remember using it before, but apparently I must have.

Thank you- your response made me go back to Rocksim and check the definitions of all the buttons within the fin design mode.

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

what version of Rocksim are you using? RS9 has an "elliptical" option under "Fin Set"

I tried to upload a screen shot, but TRF isn't allowing an upload right now...

edit: attachments seem to work now...

RSellfin.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back