Rocksim v6 design question...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsexton

Reaction score
I am scratch building a 3X upscale Bullpup and I am trying to figure out how to do the following in Rocksim. I want to remove the the base of a 4" x 16.5" ogive PML noscone and epoxy a bulkplate with eyebolt/u-bolt about midway up into the nosecone. I am doing this to gain extra payload space but I cannot figure out how to reflect this in Rocksim. I know I can add a mass object which is not a problem. But I would like to be able to put the recovery system in the nosecone and you cannot "attach" a parachute to a nosecone in Rocksim - or can you?

Am I making sense?

Have you tried spacing the parachute a negative distance from the front of the BT?

Hi Bruce, I think I understand what you are trying to do ...

try this: put the bulkhead and parachute as "owned" by the airframe tube under the nose cone. then for the items' "location", put in a negative number for the distance from the front of the owning airframe tube. rocksim will do the right thing calculating the CG from the item's mass & offset.

Cliff

That was cool! Two replies suggesting the same thing only a minute apart...awesome!

I would recommend the same thing.

Jason

Of course that is what you do -- why didn't I think of that?

Thanks!

Back