Rocksim v10.1 not coloring fins on rocket I'm designing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I've got a rocket I'm tinkering with, and while I can color the body black, I cannot color the fins, no matter what I try. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch?

File in question is attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• bt-55 alternate in progress wedge 6-fin.rkt
    154.2 KB · Views: 6
What does it look like for you? When I try it on 10.0 on my Mac, the fins don't show at all.
1614367437765.png
When I open up the fins for editing, everything looks OK, but when I try to close I get this warning:
1614367488973.png
I don't know where that warning is coming from; the fins don't seem to have any crossed lines. However, if Rocksim *thinks* there are crossed lines for whatever reason, it could be stopping it from displaying them correctly. Maybe try deleting and re-entering the fins?

I'll try that. I did get that warning once, but it didn't recur.

I deleted the fins and redid them, same problem. Rocksim kept crashing as I was manipulating the fins for some reason...

I took an older file (Interceptor) and successfully colored the nosecone red. BUT I could not color any of the fins; even after exiting editing the fins, and going back to side view, then to 3d view, no change. Weird.

I had identical experiences (fins not displaying color, slide bar movement, intermittent crashes, etc). There are numerous bugs/glitches in this version.

Back