RockSim Rocks!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStarStar

Reaction score
OK, to end the suspense on the "What did I buy myself for my b-day?" (i'm sure everybody is on pins & needles...) the answer was RockSim.

Never used it before, never even walked through a demo, nothing, within 20 minutes I whipped off the JoeSchmoe, a BT-20 streamer-parachute duration flyer...calculates to 1513 feet on a C6-7, about 3 mins duration on a 12" chute...

sounds about right, a 3FNC on a C6-7 usually gets about 1500...

2617 feet, about 6 mins duration on an Apogee D10-7...maybe the balsa fragments would make it that high.... lol

Hoo boy, no more playing computer chess...heheh...

It was my birthday present to myself as well.
It's lots of fun and helpful.

Greg

Just ask if you need help or have any questions. Did you upgrade to version 7.0.4.5? Apogee has a free upgrade to that version if you have an earlier one.

You can find my articles on simulation of fins on fins, side pods, tube fins, ring tails, foam fillers and boost gliders in past issues of the Apogee Peak of Flight Newsletter.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

I agree. It Rocks. Be using it since version 3. Matter of fact, I was working on another L3 design when I discovered this post :).

That is probably one of the best investments you could have made.;)

Back