Rocksim question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tOD

Sinking in the quicksand of HPR
Reaction score
Attached is a photo of my Rocksim window when I open the file for the Mach1 BT55 Scat that I downloaded from the site. Does anyone know what the (CG: nan In) means? If i load an engine and run a simulation it doesn't produce any data. I'm still learning to use the software and I'm not really the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this stuff. Help would be appreciated
Thanks
Tom

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_212926.jpg
    IMG_20190209_212926.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 66
nan = not a number.

I downloaded the file for the rocket and there is also no CG marker on the rocket. When you go to mass override there is no mass. Go to mass override and input the mass of the rocket and the CG with no motor. Check the box in the upper left corner (use the values below....). See if that works.

I see with the motor in you have cg 16.in

Go to component parts first, you have no component mass for the body tube and your shock cord. Edit then enter those values first, then do as stated in post # 4. Incomplete file from website!!! I entered mass (wild guess) for those parts and then the rocket simmed fine.

Whenever you don't get any data from a flight sim, always check to see that all the components have mass listed for that component, as that is most likely the cause for no data. It only takes one component missing mass and no data will be displayed for the flight sim.

Last edited:
Much better!!
Thanks for the help.
As a wise man once said, "Too soon old, too late smart"

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_000109.jpg
    IMG_20190210_000109.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 37
Back